Chapter 38: When Life Throws You Lemons...

ONE WEEK LATER...

RAE'S POV

Don't freak out, don't freak out, I tell myself. My nerves were rocket high. It was eight in the morning and everyone else was asleep. I was tired. I didn't have much of a hen do last night considering the lack of women around, but me and Lucy had  good time just the two of us. Ashton went out drinking with some of the men around here so he slept in a different room to me considering they didn't get back until two in the morning. They better not of had strippers.

I'm still in my room. I've been up until five this morning. As soon as I woke up, I couldn't get back to sleep. This time tomorrow, I'll be a completely different person, I'll not longer be Rae McNaire, I'll be Rae Massimo. I smiled at that thought. I decided to do something really weird. I was going to right a sort of letter/speech. I wasn't going to actually give it to Ashton, but right now, I have all of these emotions bottled up and I want to right them on a piece of paper, so I do.

After I'm finished, I sit back down. However, I suddenly feel really nauseated. Ugh. Nerves. Then I really felt like I was going to be sick... I sprinted to my toilet and made it just in time. What the hell? I know I'm nervous but being sick is a bit dramatic. At that time, I heard a faint knock on my door. Finally,  I thought. I go over and open it and in comes Lucy.

"Tut, tut! What did I tell you about getting your beauty sleep? You look like a flipping zombie!" She groans.

"Sorry" I mumble.

"I thought you would be awake. I know its only eight but I want to work on you all day. Good job I did come early, I'm going to have to seriously work on your eyes!" She moans.

She sits me down and carries in what looks like a huge suitcase. Jeez, was all of this necessary?

"Right, I've got your dress in my room, it's all nice, white and clean. Please tell me your not on your period?" She laughs.

I laugh along with her, then I suddenly stop. Now thinking about it, when was the last time I had my period? My heart drops.

"Don't worry if you are silly" She rolls her eyes, "You'll just have to wear a tampon"

I can't seem to find my voice on what I need to say. 

"Rae, what's wrong?" She asks worriedly. "You do still want to get married don't you?" She adds.

2,3,4 weeks. I keep counting in my head. When the hell was the last time I had my period? How the hell didn't I notice.

"Err, Lucy?" I say, "I haven't had my period in nearly two months" I say quietly.

She looks at me with a dead expression. "Oh" She says. That's all she says. "Two minutes, I'll be back"

"Where are you...?" I try to say, but it's too late, she's already gone. Five minutes later, she comes rushing back in holding a small box in her hand.

"Here." She says, thrusting it in my hand, "It's a pregnancy test, go and do it" She instructs.

I go and do my business on the stick. Ugh. I have to wait two minutes. This was going to be the longest two minutes of my life. Lucy puts the timer on her phone and we both sit on my bed waiting. 

"How long left?" I ask.

"It's only been ten seconds Rae" She says, rolling her eyes.

Then silence.

"How long now?" I ask again

"Rae, are you joking? It's only been thirty seconds." She replies.

I decide to shut up. The seconds tick by like hours. When the alarm finally goes off, we both jump. I take a deep breath and go over to the test and take a look. 

Positive.

My legs start to wobble. I feel sick again. I can't believe this. Lucy looks at it and her face goes in shock. After about ten seconds, a huge smile grows on her face. 

"Congrats" She squeals

But I still can't believe it. Pregnant? I mean, I always wanted to have kids, but so soon? Wow. Then something hits me.

"You can't tell Ashton, not today" I tell her. "I'll tell him tomorrow. I just want today to be perfect."

"I understand. It's your wedding day, it's about you guys today." She smiles.

I wonder how he's going to react?

I try to brush it out of my mind. Today was my wedding today. Tomorrow will be another day...

ASHTON'S POV

"Ugh" I moan. I get up and check the time. It's nine. I better get up. My head is absolutely killing. I shouldn't have drank the amount I drank last night.

"Morning sunshine" Ron grunts, walking into my room with a cup in his hand.

"Coffee" He says. I hate coffee but I suppose I'll have to deal with it today.

I get up and go in the shower. The wedding wasn't until one but I had a lot to do today. I feel nervous but I also feel more excited, especially trying to picture what Rae will look like in her dress. Not that I've seen it, but Jake told me she would look stunning in it. Well, in a couple of hours, I'll be a married man...

ANDREI VENTTO'S POV

"What a beautiful day today!" I shout "Everything is going to be perfect!"

My plan is all set in motion. I have all my men ready, surrounding the casino where they are going tonight, I have my little gift ready with a surprise hidden inside. A very big surprise,  laugh.

"M..my love?" Bella mutters quietly.

"What" I demand

"Are you s...sure you want to do this? Is their not another way? This could end b...badly" She stutters.

Badly for me or for her? I wonder if she knows what her fate will be tonight? Do I know what her fate will be tonight? I still haven't decided whether to kill her, I mean, she could still be useful...

"Are you having second thoughts, my love?" I say, staring down at her. She doesn't even meet my eye.

"N...no of course not. I'm only worried about you." She replies, quietly.

Yeah. Sure she is.

"Don't worry, it'll all be fine. You'll see. Aren't you excited to see your brothers again?" I laugh.

She doesn't reply. 

Tonight was going to be fucking epic, you'll see...