Should've Gone to the Motel

Chapter 2: Should've Gone to the Motel

The majority of you have selected Choice A.

Path Updated:
Road Trip!
-Logan drove up to camp one day early with Max and Laura. - Logan decided to stay the night at the motel.

00:03 | June 25 - Logan
Route 919

As Logan thought about it, he came to the realization that he just wanted to go to sleep. And if he was being told by an officer of the law to stay at a motel, then he is GOING to stay at that motel.

"Hey, uh, Max?" Logan asks tentatively. Although he is sure of his actions, Logan still fears how his friends will react.

Max turns slightly in his seat to face Logan. "What's up, bud?" Laura looks up at the rearview mirror, also interested in what Logan has to say.

Logan looks down and twiddles his thumbs. "Could you, uh, actually... drop me off at the motel?"

Laura wheels around in her seat. "Ex-fucking-scuse me?"

Max then also turns in his seat. "Woah, woah, what?"

Logan flinches in his seat before looking up, seeing the confused look of Max and baffled look of Laura.

Max is confused.

Laura is upset.

Logan glances out of the rear window of the car to see the cop car still sat behind Max's car. "Well... that's a cop, guys. I-I can't disobey a cop, my mum would gut me. Look, I won't stop you two from continuing to the camp, but I want to go to the motel." He looks at Laura specifically next. "No, Laura, you can't change my mind."

Laura just stares for a minute before she huffs and turns back in her seat. "Whatever."

Max just turns back in his seat with a sigh. "Sure, yeah dude, I'll take you there."

"Thanks, Max," Logan says as Max starts up the car and drives down the road. Logan leans against his window with a sigh.

A few minutes pass by with silence. Eventually, Max stops the car in front of s rather shady looking two-story motel. A large sign nearby reads "The Harbinger Motel," with the visage of a raven on the sign as well.

Logan looks out the window at the motel, his eyes narrowing slightly.

Laura and Max also look at the motel. Laura makes a "tch" sound. "Charming," she says sarcastically.

Max turns to Logan. "Hey, you don't have to stay here. You can still change your mind."

Logan just shakes his head. "No, Max, I'm staying here tonight, and that's that."

Max just raises a hand in defense and shakes his head. "Alright, alright. Just be safe."

Logan smiles at the pair. "Thanks. You two be safe too. I feel like something weird is going on tonight."

Logan gets out of the car and heads to the trunk of the car. Opening it up, he grabs his bags. As he lifts them out of the car, a small, rectangular piece of paper falls to the floor. Logan tilts his head and reaches down to find another tarot card.

Another one? How did this even get here, he thinks.

Tarot Card Found:
The Empress
Logan and Nick lay on their stomachs in the woods, holding their breaths.

Logan shakes his head and pockets the card. He's always wanted to learn tarot. Logan shuts the trunk, before walking over to Laura's window, which she rolls down.