c h a p t e r o n e

uuuuggggghhhhh the first two chapters are crappy and short but wait until after that.

ok?

thanks!

To be completely and totally honest, Eren couldn't stop staring as he watched a man, who had been introduced as Keith Shadis, go through the recruits and yell at them.

His fist clenched slightly as he watched Armin be yelled at, but didn't do anything to stop it.

As the hell-faced man stared down and verbally tortured them, he noticed that he'd been walked right past, along with Mikasa.

I wonder...

As Shadis continued to yell, a crunch was heard and he froze to see a girl eating... a potato.

"Hey, you," came the scarily quiet voice of Shadis and the girl gulped down her potato.

As they verbally decked it out, a sharp voice rang over the recruits.

"Shadis, perhaps they've had enough."

He turned around to see someone that he was not expecting.

A teenage girl, perhaps only slightly older than the recruits, stood behind them all, looking bored but also annoyed. She wore the standard uniform, only missing her gear.

The girl, seemingly unaware of all the eyes focused on her finished tying off her braid before lying it back in her shoulder.

In a quick motion, she pushed her glasses up the bridge of her nose.

Shadis then proceeded to scowl at the girl who had spoken out of turn.

"I agree that she shouldn't be displaying this kind of behavior, but that's a little far."

Although the girls voice was sharp, it conveyed the rather obvious loyalty to the man.

Several of the trainees looked shocked at the girls actions and quiet, almost nonexistent mumbled spread amongst them.

Shadis looked like he was about to yell before he visibly calmed down and abruptly spun back around on the girl and yelled out orders.

Out of the corner of his eye, Eren spotted the girl's expression, unmoving yet her eyes looked relieved.

Huh....

••••••• •••••••

Eren could practically feel the hatred rolling off of him and Jean as they both prepared to make the first hit when...

"Maa, now what do we have here?"

As if a repeat from hours ago, the recruits all turned to see the Bloom girl leaning against the wall.

Surprisingly, unlike everyone else, she had hadn't changed out of the uniform, opting to stay inside of the comfortable, familiar fabric. The only difference was the absence of gear.

The two boys instantly straightened up before saluting the obviously higher ranked officer. "Bloom, heichou!"

The light glinted off of her glasses as she walked forward to meet to boys.

"You," she turned towards the bi-colored haired boy, who seemingly straighter even more. "Are causing problems. If it happens again, cadet, you punishment will be severe."

The light glinted off of her glasses in a dark way. "I heard the fields are nice this time of year."

Jean froze.

He had obviously displayed that he wanted to join the Military Police more than anything and not being able to even join.....

The dinner bell broke the silence, signaling that it was over.

In small groups, people shuffled out, occasionally glancing back and whispering to their companions.

Eren went to turn away, until the girl's eyes snapped onto his.

"You, don't let your emotions cloud your judgement." The look on the girl face was dead serious.

"H-hai!" Eren bowed down his hand still in his salute.

"Hn," the girl said as he straightened back up.

A shiver ran through him as she looked him up and down before her eyes met his.

Without a warning, the girl spun around on her heel before exiting the area with a slam.

Eren quickly let out a breath he didn't know he was holding before glancing over at the door.

"This... could be interesting," mumbled Connie and in that moment, Eren couldn't agree more.