02

" when i was led to you, i knew
you were the one for me. "
doomsday, mf doom.

       "—and then he landed right next to some frozen dog shit!" jean hollered, his laughter turning into white fog once it was out of his mouth, physically letting everyone know that he was laughing

heat rushed to connie's face in embarrassment, his already blushing cheeks(due to the cold weather) doubling in size and in color.

connie's head whipped behind him to yell at his friend. "oi! you said that was between you and me!" he cried out.

"you mean 'you and i', dumbass!" ignoring sasha's loud mockery who joined in on jean's hollering, connie's frown only deepened when he heard mikasa and eren laugh as well. not as loud as jean and sasha but loud enough for him to hear.

"stupid horse." connie murmured into his scarf, stepping on a ball of snow as everyone continued talking.

as eren's laugh began to die down, he pat connie's shoulder. "it's okay. 'least you didn't land with your mouth open. else you would've actually ate shit." eren said.

as they continued walking down the street, talking and laughing, eren's wandering eyes coincidentally landed right on the coffee shop.

the one with the fifty-cent cookie.

he slowed down to a stop, slightly falling behind his group of friends. not like his three chattering friends would notice if he did fall behind — wouldn't even notice if he got ran over.

noticing his presence beside her had disappeared, mikasa slowed down as she looked behind her. eren was standing there a few feet away, staring at something.

following his line of sight, mikasa saw a small coffee shop.

through the glass walls, she could make out about five figures inside. two were workers, while the other three seemed to be customers.

"are you coming..?" mikasa asked after looking away from the shop, wondering what was so eye-catching about the little business to her best friend.

of course, eren's best friend did notice how he separated from the group.

eren didn't know why he had been squinting his eyes to take a closer look inside the coffee shop. it's not like anything had changed about it, seeing as he was just in there yesterday.

the old man with the great mustache was still there at the cash register taking orders. the shelves were still full of books and neatly organized. even the stands were re-filled with the same 'just-out-the-oven' baked goods eren saw when he was in there.

so why had he stopped walking to look deep inside the coffee shop?

eren blinked multiple times, eyelids softly opening and closing on his low teal orbs as his pink lips slightly parted, a breath slipping through them.