𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

"M'LADY!!" Cat noir reached out his hand in an attempt to catch his partner as she fell down the building, unable to use her powers after being hit by hawk moth's akumatised villain, sand boy

"M'LADY!!" Cat noir reached out his hand in an attempt to catch his partner as she fell down the building, unable to use her powers after being hit by hawk moth's akumatised villain, sand boy. She had been pushed away by her fake version created by cat noir's biggest fears.

It was over for her. That's what she thought.

Ladybug shut her eyes, hoping to get caught by something but deep down she thought hawkmoth was going to win this time.

'What the-' dark eyelashes fluttered open 'what's this sticky stuff..?'

Ladybug looked around her, her eyes landed on a spider's web beneath her, strung between two lamp posts.

"Ladybug!!" Cat noir yelled after her, sighing in relief when he saw she was okay.

"Where'd this come from..?" She muttered

" I didn't see anything," her partner replied while he helped remove the sticky webbing from her back "I was too busy fending off evilbug.."

Despite being so far away, ladybug could hear distant footsteps and jumps over buildings. She looked up to see a girl, face covered by a mask and the shade of her hood, cape flowing in the air, revealing black bat wings with dark red insides. She only made eye contact for a second, but in that time, the image of her bright red eyes were burnt into her memory.

"There! Did you see that?!"

"See what..?" The cat raised a skeptically brow. "Let's leave it to luck for now m'lady.. we still have to fight off the bug with the sword." He wrapped his arms around the still surprised ladybug and jumped back onto the rooftop, only to see the imposter wrapped in a spiders web.

"What the fuck...?" Cat noir muttered in disbelief.

The following month, Marinette walked into a school of hushed whispers. The pupils hadn't done this since Lila had joined her class, which still annoyed her.

"I wonder what all this is about.." she whispered so quietly, only tikki could hear her.

"Maybe it's another new student..?" The kwami suggested.

"Better not be like last- yawn" marinette interrupted herself with a yawn. She hadn't been getting much sleep after the recent akuma attacks and the mysterious appearance of what she assumed was another hero wasn't helping.

"Morning sleepyhead!" Alya teased as she walked up to marinette with Nino, her boyfriend.

"Morning Alya.. morning Nino...!" Marinette smiled "tikki, hide!" She whispered

"Did you hear about the exchange student?" Nino asked

"Exchange student..?"

"She's from London.. gonna be here till the end of the school year." Alya filled her friend in "girl, how did you not hear? Everyone's been talking about it!"

"I mean... I assumed we might have but I've been a bit too tired to pay attention to this sort of thing..have you seen her yet?" Marinette asked "who's she staying with?"

"Apparently her parents are pretty wealthy so she didn't need a host family.. but she is staying at Le Grand Paris, so I guess Chloé..."

Before anything else could be said, a fancy black limousine had pulled up outside the entrance of the school with a certain girl sitting inside with a certain exchange student. The students stood around remained silent. They were finally going to meet this girl that had been talked about all morning as if she were a celebrity.

"What are you all doing stood around here?!" Chloé Bourgeois yelled "you're all ridiculous! Utterly ridiculous!"

There was an audible sigh from inside the car. The sigh of a girl who didn't want to be there. The sigh of a girl who was embarrassed by Chloé's rude behaviour. That sigh stood out to marinette.

"Miss Bourgeois, it's quite alright.." an unfamiliar voice whispered. "I can get out now."

" (nickname) , don't worry about these utter losers! They're just crowding around me because I'm the superhero, Queen Bee. They all just want my attention!"

From behind Chloé ,who was stood on a rolled out red carpet, a girl with (hair colour) hair and (eye colour) eyes smacked her forehead in disbelief.

"And you can just call me Chloé, okay, dear (name)!" She hugged the fed up girl with a smile before landing her eyes on a confused marinette "what are you looking at Dupain-Chang?!"

"Nothing Chloé. You might wanna leave (nickname) alone. She looks like she's gonna burst." She mocked.

It was now Chloe's turn to roll her eyes, preparing an offensive insult but was quickly interrupted by (name)

"I really don't want to be late on my first day as an exchange student, Miss- I mean Chloé." She rubbed her sides after being tightly held by the self proclaimed Queen Bee. "It was nice meeting you all, but I must be going to the headmaster's office." 

And with that, she was gone.

"That was weird. You don't think she's just as bad as Chloé, do you?" Marinette whispered to Alya as they walked to class together.

"Are you kidding? You saw the look on her face. She totally didn't wanna be there..!" Alya reassured.

"You're right. She looked so pissed when Chloé hugged her..." yet she still felt something was off about her. Not in a sense that she was bad, but more that she was hiding something.

And hiding something she was.