Chapter 4 "doctors and checks ups"

Scarlett pov

It was 11am and I was making breakfast with Lizzie while the kids slept. As soon as we woke up we booked an appointment with the doctors at 2pm. We also got an email form the foster agency and they’ll come over today to check the house at around 5pm.  We knew that today would be a busy day so after booking the appointment and responding to some emails we started making breakfast. We then went up to Rose’s room to wake her up; “hey sweetie wake up” “ugh what time is it?” “It's 11am, we have to get Hazel to the doctors and then some people from the foster agency will be here to check the house” “okay i’ll get dressed” and then we left her room to wake Cosmo up.

When our children were already having breakfast we made our way in our roo just to find Hazel’s red hair spread all over the pillow and her tiny body wrapped up in the covers. she looked so tiny compared to the big bed, me and Lizzie were sure she was malnourished but we would know later in the day.

Lizzie pov

me and Scar both went to a side of the bed, then i scooped Hazel in my lap which earned a wine leaving for her little mouth. “Baby, can you wake up for us? we want to see those beautiful eyes of yours” after i said that her hand closed in a fist and she started to rub her eye in attempt to wake up, so i turned her around to face me and Scarlett; “hewwo” she said after finally opening her eyes “hello baby, do you want quick lunch? it’s pretty late for breakfast and we have to leave in a bit” Scarlett said as it was already 12 pm and we had to leave early because the doctor was a bit far away and we knew there would be traffic. Hazel nodded as an answer and we made our way downstairs to find our kids playing with the nintendo. I made Hazel a quick sandwich and helped her eat it as it was bigger than her. She ate about half of it before we had to leave for the doctors

We finally arrived at the doctor just in time, Rose and Cosmo thankfully sat quietly while me and Scarlett talked with the doctor and Hazel was just looking around. “we’e a’e we? (where are we?)” She asked “hi Hazel, I'm doctor Collins and I'm here to make sure you’re good and healthy, so can you step on the scale for me? good job” the doctor said and took Hazel’s weight and height. “she is actually malnourished and a little too short for her age but that’s because she isn’t healthy” she told us and i immediately felt bad for the little girl, now asleep, in my arms “what can we do to make sure she is healthy and gains weight?” “make sure she has at least three meals a day and two snacks in between, if that doesn’t work then i’ll give you some supplements” “okay thank you so much doctor” and after that we left and headed straight home.

After a lot of cleaning up the social workers finally came to our house to check up and after that they talked to Hazel a little bit and then they told us to go with them to see if she would actually stay with us or not and I've got to say that I'm quite nervous. 

“okay we inspected the house and we are very happy to say that Hazel is now you guy's daughter”

—-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

heyyy I'm alive! sorry for not updating for like 5 months but I've been really busy with school and stuff

anyway how are you? I hope you liked the chapter and sorry if it's short

see you next time!

word count: 655