Chapter 12 - Theory

It's been a while since I've talked face-to-face to Bo. The last time I spent time with him was when he was sick. That was almost two weeks ago. Between those two weeks, Bo would try to set a date for us to spend time together, but I would kindly refuse him each time, telling him that I would be busy with work and needed to catch up on paying my rent. I've been working nonstop from day to night at my job, with no breaks and no going home early. And I've been doing this on purpose. Not for rent, but for me to avoid Bo.

Starting then, I had decided to finally distance myself. I believe this was the best way to go for both of us. None of us would get hurt. I meant physically not emotionally.

---

On the other side of the city, Bo was in his home, lying down on his couch and looking up towards his ceiling. His phone rested near his head as he was waiting for David to respond to his texts. He was impatient and concerned.

Bo was aware of David's busy schedule and his inability to stop and be with him, yet something didn't feel right. It was a bad feeling that sent his stomach churning. He was unable to shake this uneasy sensation. He wanted to go meet David, but David wouldn't work as well if he were bothered by him. At home, he had nothing to do. He had already tidied his room, sharpened his knives, polished his pistols, and prepared pipe bombs in his basement. Spending time with David takes up the majority of his free time, and it has been a relatively long time since he last saw David. And his other phone has been oddly quiet.

Is it possible that Seth has discovered how David is tied to him? He shook his head in denial. Bo's personal life wouldn't matter to Seth; all that mattered to that man were some images and videos for his bizarre masochistic fantasies. He was confident that he did everything correctly, with the possible exception that he may have been a little slow on the previous person, and Seth would only take note of him if he had done something wrong or out of line with his requests. But there may still be a chance that Seth may want to look into what Bo is up to.

Bo's mood had dropped down even further, so he picked up his phone and started scanning through some news articles. They were still talking about Johnny Lapito. Some of his fans were still upset about his untimely death and had been making a scene by attacking the hotel that had caused his death. Bo rolled his eyes, but then something caught his attention.

'Johnny Lapito's death was no accident'

Bo's finger hovered over the article. It must be one of those conspiracy theorists, there was nothing to be worried about. However, his curiosity overwhelmed him, and he persisted. He deeply analysed it, and in it, it said that Johnny Lapito's death may have been an assassination, which was spot on, but there was no evidence to prove it. There is a picture, though, that had not been featured on the news. As he tightened his grip, his phone began to tremble under the pressure. He was seen with Johnny in a photograph, but how in the world did they get that shot? The news claimed that there were no witnesses around the vicinity. It would be proven false if this image were to come under scrutiny. People would start to talk about it. People would begin to discuss it. They may reopen the investigation and reinvestigate the matter. Bo began to sweat profusely. This can't possibly be good. Bo swiped back up to look at who the author of the article was.

Bo puzzledly raised an eyebrow. There was no picture of the author, only his first name, John. It must be a fake name. Bo pushed himself up from the couch and leaned forward, his elbows resting on his legs. He began researching this "John," who he might as well call John Doe because there was no personal information about him. The only thing about this "John" is that he had been fixated on writing articles about prominent people and politicians. They had to be one of those crazy conspiracy theorists who had just been lucky enough to guess what had happened. However, it does not explain how they obtained the image.