1♟️

Melanie, the only daughter of Henry Ravenswood stood near the top steps of the manor. She had been barred from really speaking to any man except the wealthy men who come through to greet her father. Henry had been holding a party, her mother and him mingling with the company who had flocked to the massive dining area. An area with a fireplace, a piano and people toasting to a brighter future for the town. If the town had any brighter future. The gold rush that had lasted for years had died down, Henry had been told there was little to no gold left in Big Thunder, sending the mining company and those who worked for her father to a panic. However, her father would always use parties and other means as a way to distract people.

Now alone, at the stairs she stood. Her father never approved of anyone coming near her. Why did Melanie's happiness not mean anything to him? The bad thing was...when Melanie had courted 4 men before who she assumed her father would approve of, all mysterious had died...and she didn't know why. Nor did the people of the town. It was more of unnatural circumstances that these men have died. Tired of not being able to at least mingle with the few people there, she headed into the dining hall. She was about to walk over to get something to eat when she bumped into someone. "Oh, hello...I'm sorry. I didn't mean to bump into you."

"