- ɪᴍ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴏsᴘɪᴛᴀʟ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ [ ᴅᴇʟᴀʟɪsʟᴇ ]

— angst, fluff, humorous, hospital au —

———

WHY DIDN'T HE TELL ANYBODY?

Silas paced back and forth in the waiting room; the tip of his thumb in his mouth.

He let out audible sighs of frustration.

       Is he a goner?  Will this be the last time we see him?  Valt and the others didn't even get a chance to say goodbye to Free because they are halfway across the country.

Is anyone gonna update me on what's going on?!

       It is evening now. The shadowy, purple glow creeped in through the window pane made itself very obvious.

Everything is nerve-racking. All he could do is keep his eyes glued to the ground.

       Silas wanted to punch a wall.

Earlier this afternoon, all of BC Sol were training in the gym. Each month, everyone's limits of endurance in all expected categories are recorded and goals are set to try and beat next time.  From the data, programs are constructed to suit to each they fell within.

       When time came for battles in general, each member paired up with another.  Points and ranking for A-List and B-List are being reconsidered during this time also.

       Silas was matched up with Free.

The former was really itching for his rematch from all the other times.

He should have noticed it sooner.

His launch was off by two centimeters, feet placement was awkward; Fafnir seemed to share the toll of their partner whilst whirling around in the bey arena. Free's hands—fingertips especially—were twitchy, aggressively tapping his index finger on the side of his upper thigh.

The golden one had already been displaying signs of wear and fatigue.

       Overworking himself.

       Again.

Silas had a gut instinct that something was off with his friend.

And it came true.

Right before launching for their fifth round, Free's eyes rolled to the back of his head. His legs soon followed suit, buckling and succumbing to the swift collapse.

Silas buried his face into his hands.

It's horrendous to recall.

His eyes constantly shifted between the doors to the patients' wing and the people sitting near him.

No one spared a glance at him.

Damn...so many other people are also in terrible condition right now?

Silas took his thumb out of his mouth.