chapter 4

So the night didn't go as I planned but o well. I did have fun with Daniel and Pierre. Pierre even asked me to get a coffee this morning so I'm getting ready at the moment. He would pick me up at 7.15 in the morning. I take a quick shower, put my hair in a bun and get dressed. After that the bell rings. I know it's Pierre so I grab my stuff and open the door.
"Ready to g- Lando? What are you doing here?"
"I was on my way out but I quickly wanted to apologise for last night. I shouldn't have ditched you, I'm sorry." He says looking at me confused.
"Sorry do you need to be somewhere?" He asks me.
"Goodmorning!" I hear Pierre yell at the end of the hallway. I look at Lando and he knows without any explanation. "Hey Lando. What are you doing here?" Pierre asks him. "O I just came here to pick something up. Have a nice day. See you guys." He says and walks away. I decide to text Lando when I'm home and close the door behind me. It's a short car ride. We both order a coffee and Pierre offered to pay.
"I'll pay next time tho." I tell him.
"Will there be a next time?" He asks me with a grin on a face.
"Yeah why not? We're friends right?" I say.
"Uh yea of course!" He answers.
Okay that sounded like I friendzoned him. That wasn't my intention. Shit. He doesn't really go into it so I think he didn't notice.
We sit down and I ask him if it's okay if I post something on my instagram story. He said it was okay so I take a picture of him and post it.

We have a long talk about the new season and how excited we are to start

We have a long talk about the new season and how excited we are to start. Around 9 we decide to leave and Pierre drops me off at the hotel.
"I'll see you around!" I says
"Actually y/n, I'm leaving to Bahrain in 2 days. I believe most drivers are. We just came for the party basically. Daniel and Lando will be here but I think the rest leaves this week. It's almost our final week off so the preparations start soon." He says.
"O yes of course! I already forgot, I'm sorry. Well i leave soon too so see you soon than haha!" I say.
"See you soon!" He says and drives off. I walk into my room and lay on my bed so I can text Lando.

 I walk into my room and lay on my bed so I can text Lando

I still have some time to kill so I decide to go for a run real quick, jump in the shower and watch a movie after

I still have some time to kill so I decide to go for a run real quick, jump in the shower and watch a movie after. I totally lost track of time cause I hear a knock at my door at exactly 01.30 and I know it's Lando. Shit.
"Coming!" I yell while quickly putting on a acceptable outfit. I open the door.
"Do you have 5 minutes? I lost track of time I'm sorry." I ask him. "You can sit down or whatever."
"No problem." He smiles.
"Thanks." I smile and run into the bathroom.
After a bit longer than 5 minutes I come out all ready to go.
"Ready!" I say.
"Great. Come on then."
I grab my purse and lock my door.
"So where do you wanna go?" I ask him.
"Just a lunch place? I know a good one." He answers.
Its not a long drive and thank god it's short. We didn't say a word to each other.
We sit down at a table by the window and we order some coffee.
"So. Do you wanna talk about the elephant in the room?" I ask him.
"Is there one then?" He looks up from the menu.
"You tell me." I look up from the menu too.
"Everything's fine. I just think you could've handled the situation better. I mean you didn't have to sent me home after I brought you home. I thought Pierre would've brought you home but apparently you're only good to flirt with while he's drunk." Lando says annoyed.
"Okay get up." I say getting up.
"What? Why?" He asks confused.
I walk over to a waitress and ask if I can pay for the coffee. I tell her something important came up so we can't stay for lunch. She gives me the bill and I pay.
I grab Lando's keys off the table and walk outside to his car.
"Y/n?! Where are you going? Wait up!" He says.
He grabs his coat and follows me outside.
"Get in." I say and sit down behind the wheel.
He does what I say with still a confused look on his face.
"Where are we going?" He asks.
I don't answer and turn the volume of his music up.
After a while he sees a familiar sign.
"Why are we stopping at macdonalds?" He asks.
"What do you want?" I ask him.
I order the food, pay and drive to the hotel. Lando just keeps following me and doesn't speak till I close my hoteldoor behind us.
"Sit down on the bed. I'll grab some plates." I say.
When I return he's unpacking the food.
"I'm confused. You could've just texted me saying "come over." or anything I wouldn't have mind this in the first place." He admits.
"I don't want to have a conversation like that in public. You're famous so if anyone sees us the story will get twisted." I say.
"Okay?" He says confused.
"Now tell me. What's your problem with Pierre?" I ask him while eating my fries.
"Nothing. I just think that if he wants to be seen as a gentleman he needs to act like one." He says.
"What are you saying?" I ask.
"If he's going to flirt with you all night he should've brought you home. That's it." He says.
"You didn't bring the girl you were flirting with home?" I look at him.
"I wasn't flirting." He laughs.
"You so were." I look at him laughing.
"How would you know?" He asks.
"I heard. I know what flirting sounds like." I say.
"You were eavesdropping on me while ordering those drinks?" He makes a funny omg face.
"I wasn't." I say.
"You so were." He laughs.
"O shut up. I was mad at you for ditching me and there was this girl that wanted to know who she was, so I suggested I should go over to you since we're friends." I lie. Lando laughs.
"O y/n please. That's the worst excuse I've ever heard. There wasn't a girl." He says.
"How would you know? You were busy all night." I say.
"I watched you. Trust me if there was a girl I would've noticed." He says making me blush which makes me break eye contact with him.
"Who is she then?" I ask him.
"So you admit you're 'the girl'?" He smiles.
"No. Just curious is all." I grin.
"Just a girl that showed interest in me. I did not show in her." He says.
"Why? She was pretty." I say.
"Mwah I'm more of a 'beautiful' type of guy." He says looking up at me. I look up at him but my eyes quickly move downwards when we make eye contact.
Wth was that?
"So you and Pierre?" He asks not looking at me.
"What about him?" I ask.
"You're a thing now?" He asks me.
"Cause we went for coffee together once we have to be 'a thing'?" I ask Lando.
"No I was just asking sorry." He answers.
"No we're not a thing." I say.
"But?" He looks up at me.
"But nothing." I say and finish eating.