chapter 10

"Can I sit down?" I ask him.
"Yes of course." He immediately gets up and grabs a chair so I can sit down next to him.
"Thanks." I smile.
"So what are you doing here?" He asks me while looking me in the eyes. I immediately notice something is off.
"Why are your eyes so red?" I ask him a bit worried.
"O are they? I haven't even notice." He tries to laugh it off a bit.
"Max sent me cause he's worried about you." I say.
"There's nothing to worry about." He says.
"I can tell you haven't slept at all Lando. You need to inform the team if this is going on. You have to be focused when you're racing. You can't get in your car like this." I know I might be getting involved in things that aren't my business but I just wanna make sure he's okay.
"It's fine y/n. I survived today didn't I?" He says focusing on his computer with the most annoying look on his face.
"I'm gonna eat dinner with Max. Come to the kitchen if you can act like a grown man." I say standing up.
"It's just not your right to stick your nose into this." He says.
"I don't know what has gotten up your ass Lando but I'm not okay with you treating me like this. So you can either choose to speak up or don't say anything at all to me for the rest of the week. Got it?" I say closing the door behind me walking over to Max.

"And?" He asks me grabbing plates for dinner.
"Nothing. He's just being a pain in my ass." I laugh.
"Omg I know. Thank god you agree." He laughs.
"I'll bring him a plate." I say taking dinner to Lando's room. I take my own plate too hoping he changes his mind and wants to talk to me. I knock on his door before opening it. He turns his head and looks at the plates in me hand.
"I couldn't leave without bringing you your dinner." I laugh awkwardly. He smiles at me and I'm so happy he does. He pulls the empty chair closer to him gesturing I should take a seat and eat dinner with him. I sit down and it stays silent the first couple of minutes.

"Why are you so nice to me?" He asks me out of the blue.
"Because we're friends." I smile at him.
"Friends?" He looks up at me. I swallow the lump in my throat before quickly looking away. What is this man doing to me?!
"Yeah. And I work for you so they kinda obligate me to be nice to you." I laugh letting him know it's a joke. He laughs at the joke. We talk about a couple of things while eating.
"I think I'm gonna go." I say after finishing my plate. He doesn't respond. I get up but before I want to grab the plates Lando speaks up.
"I need you to just listen to me y/n." He says making me sit back down.
"I want to tell you cause I trust you but please don't judge." He says.
"Yea sure. Of course." I say turning to him.

''First of all, I'm sorry for my behaviour the past couple of days. I uhm I'm just struggling a bit. With myself I mean. I haven't been sleeping at all because I'm just so in my head and I can't seem to get out.'' he says looking at his computer.
''You could've told me sooner. I don't know how I can be any help but I could've tried.'' I say. ''But what else?''
''Nothing specific really. I'm just struggling a bit with my mental health i guess. I know it sounds weird b-"
"It doesn't sound weird. I get it." I say.
"You do?" He asks looking up at me.
"Yeah you don't wanna know haha." I laugh it off a bit cause I don't really want to talk about it. "But this is about you. Is there anything I could do to help?" I ask him.
"Not really. Opening up to you feels great tho. Thank you for letting me waist your time haha."
"You're not waisting my time." I smile at him.
"Y/n? Can I admit something?" He asks me looking me in my eyes.
"Sure." I answer.
"It might sound weird but I feel really comfortable when I'm around you." He says.
I laugh awkwardly cause I don't really know how to respond to this. Of course he makes me feel comfortable too otherwise I wouldn't be here anymore but still.
"I feel comfortable around you too." I say smiling at him. I get up and grab the two dinner plates.
"I should probably go. Qualifying tomorrow so try and get some sleep okay? Maybe a cup of tea will help?" I say.
"I'll try. Thank you y/n. I'll pick you up tomorrow." He says.
"Thank you for trusting me Lan. Text me if you need anything." I say before leaving his room and walking over to Max.
"You're going home? How did it go?" He asks.
"We had a great talk. Can we talk tomorrow tho? I'm really tired, sorry." I ask Max.
"No don't apologise, it's okay. I'll see you tomorrow. Good night." He says before letting me out.
I make myself a cup of tea the second I walk into my hotelroom. I put on my pj's and put on a movie.
When the movie is finished it's 11.24. I decide to text Lando.

He doesn't respond so I assume he's on his way to open the door

He doesn't respond so I assume he's on his way to open the door. I get dressed in some sweatpants and a white sweater and walk over to Lando's hotelroom. When he's not standing by the door I assume he already went back to his bed so I walk in myself and close the door.
I walk over to his bedroom and I see him laying in his bed. When he hears me walking in he lifts up the blanket giving me a signal to get in the bed next to him.
"I'll take the chair." I laugh.
"O y/n how long are you gonna keep doing this?" He asks me making me feel a bit ashamed cause I immediately know what he's talking about.
"Keep doing what?" I ask playing dumb.
"Just get in. You can have a sleepover with a friend right?" He says. The look on his face annoys the sh*t out of me cause I know exactly what he's doing.
I give in and step into his bed. I lay on my back and stare at the ceiling.
"Won't Pierre get mad?" He asks. I feel his eyes on me while asking.
"Why would he get mad?" I ask him in response.
"Me and Pierre are not a thing Lando." I say figuring out where that question came from.
"How's the bet going?" He asks.
"Not so great actually." I answer smiling at myself.
"How come?" He asks confused.
"I think laying in bed with that person kind of means you lost the bet, doesn't it?" I say turning on my side to face Lando.
"What?" He asks not really understanding what I just said.
"We should go to sleep. It's late." I say cutting off the conversation. I truly want to admit my upcoming feelings for Lando but like I always say. It's unprofessional. Besides I don't even know if he feels the same. I mean Max kind of said he does but I need to hear it from Lando himself. I turn around which makes Lando face my back.
"No y/n I want to know now." He says making me laugh.
"I'll tell you another time okay? I'm tired so let's just go to sleep." I say before closing my eyes.
"Tomorrow?" He asks.
"We'll see." I say and I feel Lando turn around too.
"Good night Lan." I say.
"Good night y/n. Thank you again." He says.
"Not a problem. I might sleep better too through this." I admit before actually falling asleep.