chapter 21

We talked for a while after we returned and Lando made some tea.
"I'm finished for the day. Good night." I say and walk over to Lando's room.
"Good night." They both say and smile at me.
I brush my teeth and get to my bed.

Lando's pov:
"I know what you did." Max says to me as soon as he hears the door close.
"I don't know what you're talking about." I answer. I did know what he was talking about. He's my best friend but damn how I hate the fact that he knows me so well.
"I know you told Pierre not to go on a second date with her. I don't know why he listened but I know you're the one who hurt her feeling once again." He says leaving me speechless.
"Sorry?" I say not believing what he said.
"O please we both know I'm right. I don't care that you're not man enough to tell her how you feel, but at least be a good friend to her. That's the least she deserves for all she does for you. You keep putting her in shitty positions and she still shows up whenever you need her." He says.
"We're on good terms now." I respond not looking at him.
"Yea for now. She's meeting up with Pierre tomorrow." He says before walking over to the bathroom. I sigh and get up to walk to my bedroom. I silently open the door so I won't wake her up. I walk into the room and change into my sleepwear. I hear her turn around which makes me turn around.
"Are you still awake?" I ask.
"I went to bed 5 minutes ago, of course I am. I wanted to give you some kind of privacy." She laughs.
"O please I felt you staring." I playfully wink at her.
"You wish I was staring at you like that." She laughs again and turns around again when I finish. I see her facial expression change when she is faced with my bare chest and only some grey sweatpants. I laugh at her and I see her cheeks turn pink.
"Put on a shirt. I wouldn't want Aaliyah to get mad." She says and I hear the jealousy in her voice.
"I don't want anything from her." I respond looking y/n in her eyes.
"Whatever. Good night." She says and turns her back to me.
A sigh leaves my mouth before I tell her good night. Max gets into bed a couple of minutes later but we all went to sleep since we have to get up early.

2.54AM:
Y/n pov:
I haven't been able to sleep so after staring at the ceiling for the past 2,5 hours I decide to silently get out of bed and make myself another cup of tea.
I sit down on the couch and read a book. After a good 45 minutes I hear Lando behind me.
"Can I join?" He asks me.
"You should be asleep." I say.
"So should you." He responds while sitting down next to me.
"I don't have to drive 300+ kilometres per hour and make sure I don't kill myself."
"Fair enough. I'm still not going back to bed tho." He responds and pulls the blanket over his legs too.
"Why are you out of bed?" He asks.
"Couldn't sleep. Overthinking." I awkwardly smile at him.
"About what?" He asks.
"Nothing special. I don't want to bother you with it." I answer honestly.
"I wouldn't ask if it bothered me." He says making me think about if I should say it or not.
"I just don't get Pierre's behaviour." I say closing my book and turning my face towards his.
"He's an asshole."
"Nah. Sure, it was a shitty thing to do but I don't think he 'just' stood me up. There must be a good reason. I really thought he liked me. But then again I could be imagining things."
"I don't understand why you're so obsessed with him. He's nothing special. He has forgotten about you by now. He went out partying again and found another girl 'he's interested in'."  I don't expect him to say that.
"Why do you dislike Pierre so much?" I ask him clearly sensing some negativity between them.
"It's just not nice to do such a thing. Especially not to you." He says and I give him a confused look.
"You're not really one to judge." I scoff and my reaction makes him turn his face away from mine.
"I don't know what I can do that will make you forgive me y/n." He says.
"O I forgave you. Forgiving doesn't mean forgetting tho." I respond and open my book again. I hear a sigh leave his mouth, but I don't give any kind of response to it. It seems like he's going to drop the topic when he speaks up with another question.
"What are you reading?"
"The summer I turned pretty." I answer
"Are you enjoying it?"
"Not really haha. I saw it on tiktok constantly so I thought I'd give it a try, but it's more a book for teenagers. I love the beach vibe in there tho, but the whole romance part in it is a bit too childish for my age." I respond and close the book again.
"Do you go to the beach often?" He asks me turning his head.
"Not anymore. I wish I could. I adore the beach. You?"
"Mmh during my breaks yes, but I'm too busy to go to the beach on any random day. I wish I could too. What do you love about the beach?"
"It reminds me of the good times in my childhood. It's comforting." I answer his question, but I can tell he's not satisfied with my answer.
"How come?"
"Growing up, I lived close to the beach. I could just take my bike out of our shed and go over there. I took a book with me and finish the whole book right there on my beach towel. After a while I found 'a secret entrance' only me and my best friend knew about. It was the most beautiful place and nobody besides us went to that little part of the beach. We never figured out why. Anyways, it was always very quiet and you wouldn't hear anything besides the waves. It was really relaxing. I always went there to clear my mind." I say getting lost in my mind. I eventually snap out of it and I realise what I just did.
"Sorry. I uh I should go back to bed. The tea really helped." I awkwardly laugh and get off the couch to go back to bed. Before Lando could give me a response I already closed the bedroom door. After 2 minutes Lando walks in and lays down.
"Are you okay?" He asks me and I quickly wipe the tear away.
"Yes of course. Just tired." I answer.
"I didn't mean to bring back memories you didn't want to think about. I'm sorry." He says and I feel kinda bad for leaving the conversation like that.
"No I'm sorry. Yea you did bring back memories. It's okay honestly. I think about them anyways."
"Do you want to talk about it?" He asks me and I turn around to face him.
"Another time maybe." I smile. "I just wanna get back to sleep for now."
"I get it." He smiles back and closes his eyes.