Love at first sight

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

-

Eventually some people arrive, I got to meet some of Neys friends but only one of my friends arrive. Maybe she's late.. Vini, Paqueta, and my friend Mya are the only ones that have came so far and apparently another one of Neys friends are supposed to come but are running late. He won't tell me who it is since apparently I don't know them? It's fine anyways, I'll meet them soon so the wait shouldn't be that long.

Our friends take a seat at the table, I sit next to Mya and Neymar sits in front of me leaving the seat next to me open. His friends sit next to him and the only seats that are remaining is the one next to me as mentioned before and a seat next to Mya. Neys friends talk to each other and me and Mya talk. I glance over at the door once in awhile to see if the other guests are coming, I take out my phone to text Ava, my other friend.

"Who are you texting?" Mya says stopping mid sentence.

"Just texting Ava. Is she coming??" I say putting my phone down and looking up at Mya with a panicked face.

She shrugs, "You know how she is.. she uh.. doesn't really come to events like this." Mya exclaims.

Mya was right, Ava was always "busy" with something anytime we'd ask her to hangout or join us on something. I enjoyed hanging out and talking to Ava but she's never present whenever we ask to spend time with her but when she wants to hangout, which rarely happens, we always end up coming.

"We'll whatever, we can still have fun without her." Sympathy plasters on my face.

"Mhm.." Mya pauses and looks over at the door.

I give her a confused look and look over in hopes of seeing Ava but.. holy crap.. Is THAT Neymar's friend??

"Woah.." I say under my breathe.

He seems to be walking to our table..

"Richarlison!" Vini says getting up to give him a hug.

"Sorry I was late.." Richarlison says with a look of Remorse.

"Your fine, why don't you take a seat next to Y/n?" Neymar says pointing to the seat empty next to me.

I quickly look over at Mya who's eyeing me shockingly then I look over at Richarlison who's staring right at me. Shoot, do I keep looking? We have a long eye contact session until Neymar finally finishes talking to Richarlison and let's him go off. I scoot over to let him be able to pull the chair out and sit. He walks over to the seat and sits next to me, I look over at him and he looks over at me. I quickly look away and awkwardly smile at Mya while trying to cover up the noticeable blush on my face.

I mouth to her, "He is so hot..".

Her eyes widen and she holds her laugh, "You guys would be cute" she whispers to me trying not to blow our cover. Richarlison glances over at us and I look at him, he just stares at us blankly. In a panick I look back at Mya with a horrified look.

She giggles a bit, "do you think he heard??"

"Girl hopefully not?! How do I talk to him?" I say.

I sit up straight listening into the conversation.

"I mean I don't know talk about soccer?" Mya says raising her eyebrow.

"Yeah, I've been practicing football a bit.." Richarlison says.

Bingo!

"Richarlison you play football?" I say looking into his eyes. He's so perfect..

I feel Myas stare on me.

"You didn't know?" Neymar says looking at me confusingly.

"I don't study your football team Ney." I laugh

Richarlison laughs a bit, "Yeah I do."

I smile at him, "You good at it?"

He smiles back, "Well.. I'd say so."

I laugh at the cockiness in his voice.

"Oooo.." Paqueta says looking back and forth at me and Richarlison.

I blush and look up at Richarlison, I notice the blush on his face.

"Paqueta I just met him!" I smile, feeling the blush get heavier.

"Love at first sight..?" Mya says bumping in.

Me and Richarlison look at each other blankly and look away.

"It's not like that.." Richarlison says smiling and hiding his blush.

I look over at Mya, "It CAN be.." she whispers at me raising both her eyebrows.

"Shh!" I say shushing her embarrassingly.

Our drinks and food come, of course I ordered a steak and a wine. I dig into my food as the others talk, I look over at Richarlison.

"Steak?" He says smiling at me.

"It's actually not that bad.." I smile back.

He laughs and goes back to his food, I look straight at Mya and she just smiles at me.

-

After we finish our food we decide to split the check and head out. Me and Richarlison are left at the table as the others say their goodbyes and head out to their cars.

"Hey I never got your name?" Richarlison says looking over at me.

"Oh yeah, it's Y/n." I smile.

"We'll mind if I get your number?" He blushes.

My number! "Yeah of course here it is." I take out my phone and show him.

"Thanks." He winks and smiles at me. "I'll text you later tonight, I gotta get going though. See you tomorrow?" He picks up his stuff.

"Mhm!" I say waving him off.

I head off to the car where Neymar is waiting for me. I get in.

"Gosh finally!" Ney says throwing his hands in the air playfully.

"Whatever!" I roll my eyes and smile.

I sit in the car and he starts driving.

"So.. you and Richarlison?" He says smiling while he looks at the road.

I blush, "Oh uh.. what about us?"

He just looks over at me and laughs, shaking his head. "You guys are cute together."

I cover my face, "Oh my gosh you caught me.. maybeee I like him. Just a bit though.."

"Mhmmm.." Neymar says laughing.

(Authors note: My chapters will usually be this long, I really enjoy writing this so I'll for sure write more. Thanks for reading 🫶)