Chapter Eight

"Come on, guys. You can't be that scared of a kid our age!" Mina exclaimed when Killua left the kitchen.

Everyone hesitated put their gazes silently towards the floor. Bakugo was still uncomfortably standing next to the counter trying to process his thoughts.

Izuku shifted in his seat and let out a small, terrified squeak when he remembered what they had told him and his mom at the station. No one except him in that room knew about his burdening past.

"Well, if we think about it," Todoroki spoke up. "When he walks, we never hear sound, right?"

Everyone turned to look at him.

"Yeah, that's right," Tsu said a little hesitantly.

Hakagure fiddled with her gloves. "Did you see the way he handled that knife? He must have had special training for that."

"And that other day, he stuck his finger in an outlet and just completely electrocuted himself! He wasn't even scared!" Kirishima observed. "It's so manly, but I don't know how to feel about it.

"Guys..." Midoriya spoke quietly.

Everyone snapped their gazes toward him.

"You have to know something, right?" Hakagure exclaimed, nearly jumping out of her seat. "You live with him, right?"

Izuku just looked down at his feet and sweat dropped. If he told them, they would definitely make a huge deal out of it.

"I-"

"Izuku," Killua cut him off. "Come on."

Midoriya hastily got up without looking at anyone and speed walked out door. Everyone tended up immediately.

Killua gave a short glare to each person in the group and then followed suit to Izuku, leaving them in terror.

The next day, all of class 1-A was on edge. Killua's hostility towards the class was evident to everyone in it. Even Aizawa was aware of their suspicions and feelings towards him.

But, today in class, they needed to train and forget about last night.

"Get on your training suits," Aizawa said as people finished filling into the classroom. "We are training."

While in the locker room, all of the boys were careful not to make eye contact. Even if some of them weren't in the kitchen, they had still heard about the incident.

Only Izuku was able to interact normally with Killua. He reaches into his bag and pulled out chocolates, and with delight, Killua snatched them, poured them into his mouth, and yelled thank you.

But as he looked down, instead of seeing Midoriya, he saw Gon. Memories of adventures, hugs, and shared moments flowed back into Killua's head, even though he had tried to block it out for nearly a year.

"G-Gon..!" Killua covered his eyes as tears slipped through the cracks in his fingers. He backed up quickly and his back hit the wall. All of the attention in the locker room was on him now and he began to sob. "I'm sorry! It's all my fault!"

Izuku cautiously stepped forward. "K-Killua.. It's just me.." He reached forward to touch Killua's shoulder.

"Don't touch me!" Killua yelled, slapping his hand away. But as he felt the contact, he looked up to see Izuku's terrified face and the rest of the boys equally confused.

"I-Izuku..." Killua felt awful. He lashed out on Izuku for his own memories.

They all watched as a melancholy Killua walked out of the room and closed the door.

"What was that about?" Kaminari broke the silence.

Midoriya just picked up Killua's bag, put it in his locker, and left without a word. He remembered when he had just met Killua and they had to share a room. Sometimes Izuku would wake up in the middle of the night to hear Killua crying in the middle of the night.

He always would repeat the words, "Alluka.. Gon.. I'm so sorry." He was always so confused with the boy. All of his mannerisms were different. They would barely talk at all, and Killua would just sit on the floor of their room and meditate.

He never understood Killua, but right now, Izuku knew one thing. Killua had whitenessed horribly traumatizing things with his friends.

Killua and the rest of class 1-A, except for the participants, sat in the control room, watching the fight. Izuku and Ochako were going against Iida and Bakugo in a mock battle.

Aizawa told Killua that it would be unfair to pit him against the students and that, since the class was uneven, he would allow him to just sit and watch all of the fights.

The rest of the boys tried to avoid eye contact with Killua and stayed as far away as possible from him.

Ochako and Izuku had split up while Bakugo challenged Izuku, even though that was a horrible idea. Killua knew that destruction was bound to happen, but he was too caught up in his own thoughts than watching the fight.

He lashed out in front of everyone and probably embarrassed himself. He also unlocked memories that he tried to store away. He knew that he could breakdown at any point. His tears were barely held back.

But as his thoughts got deeper, he heard All Might begin to yell.

He wasn't exactly sure what was going on, but he looked at the screen of the monitors and froze.

A large ball of light began to blow up on the screen. Killua's memories snapped back and he remembered the Chimera Ants and the way that Gon looked when he let out a self destructive blow with his nen.

Killua fell on his knees and cradled his head in his hands. "Gon! I'm so.. I'm so sorry. It's all my fault!"

Bakugo's explosion had already ended, but something else had just began.

Sorry for any typos or mistakes in this chapter! I just finished watching Banana Fish and really sad edits on Pinterest and then bawling my eyes out multiple times so.... Yeah 💀💀

Idk I felt like Killua should actually show trauma as well which is kinda cruel on my part but necessary for the plot.

In this story, he has PTSD. Obviously, this has already been done in other fics so it's kind of cliché but it's fine ig

Also, if y'all want me to stop writing these things at the bottom then I'll stop 😀
I just feel disconnected if I don't but I get if it's annoying!

978 words