Chapter Twenty Nine

TW: Descriptive Gore

Ochako felt numb.

There was no way to describe it.

She was just floating on an empty precipice.

Who was she?

Who did she want to be?

Is she even alive?

It was like floating in a gray cloud.

Almost serene.

But it was so loud.

The most loud quiet she had ever heard.

It felt like a fever dream.

Before she knew it, she would wake up in her dorm. She would have waffles with Iida and Midoriya, and gossip with Mina on the way to class. Momo would always remember to ghve her lunch for the day.

Wouldn't she?

She had gotten used to it.

Something was off.

It was all disproportionate.

The faces were cloudy.

The walls were molded.

She is just a figment of imagination.

An insignificant piece of lint.

A purpose?

No.

She was the music without the melody.

Just walking in the school hallways was different.

Mina was a muddy pink.

Momo looked sluggish.

Midoriya looked... ashen?

She tried to speak, but her throat didn't allow any words.

It felt constricted.

Choked.

Not even a breath of air left her lungs.

They all turned around to look at her.

There faces were melting.

The flesh was melting straight off of their bones in large clumps, sinking down the hollows in their cheeks. Dried and fresh blood alike coated the underside of their skin and colored the scene red.

She tried to let out another choked sound, but there was nothing but desperation.

The only thing she could hear was the deafening footsteps be hind her back.

The clacking was a steady rhythm.

Clack. Clack. Clack.

With each noise, it got closer.. and closer.... and closer..

She felt a cold hand touch her back, sending shivers flooding down her spine.

She felt sick.

It was as if she was chained to the damp air surrounding her.

She couldn't move.

Even if she tried.

"You couldn't even save me," she felt somebody breathlessly whisper in her ear. "How pathetic."

She didn't want to think about who it was.

She already knew.

Suddenly, a bloody handprint appeared on her wrist.

It stung. It felt as if somebody had injected a rusty needle into her bloodstream.

"You are good for nothing."

Another handprint popped up above the old one. The pain intensified.

"How dare you?"

Another handprint stacked on top of the other. She suddenly couldn't breathe with the new intake of pain.

But she knew she deserved it.

"You are the problem."

The handprints were now above her elbow and leaving a toxic sheering of pain flowing through her arm and to other parts of her body.

She could hear her flesh slowly begin to bubble, slightly ripping and falling off in clumps towards the floor.

The floor sizzled at the heat of the seared skin.

The smell was horrid.

"You."

More handprints.

"You."

The stinging was now a burning pain as if she was caught in a fire with gasoline drenched all over her body.

"You failed to protect me."

She felt the handprint at her neck, completely cutting off her breathing.

Suddenly, a bloody hand appeared outstretched in front of Ochako. The blood was slowly dripping onto the floor beneath them, sizzling at contact.

"You killed me."

Ochako woke up, gasping violently as she reached for any grasp on reality possible.

Why was that so real?

It was awful...

She could already feel the warm tears gliding down her cheeks as she sat in the hospital bed alone, hands to her face.

But the dream was right.

It was her fault.

She failed to protect her friends.

"Ochako?" He felt somebody grab her hand and immediately jerked away, gasping loudly.

"Don't- don't touch me!"

Her mother stared at her with watery, pitying eyes. Her dad stood behind her holding a newspaper in his hand, but was peering over the paper with a worrying gaze.

They sat in silence for a minute as her heart monitor decreased in the beeps per minute.

Her mother slowly lifted up her hand and gently touched Uraraka's cheek.

"They used to be so pink and rosy," was all she said.

Ochako just lied her head on her pillow and turned her gaze towards the cloudy, gray clouds outside.

She was just a burden to her parents. They were already poor enough and now they had to take off their jobs to sit with her a day before she would be discharged and let back into that bloody school.

It was pathetic, really.

Todoroki just minded his business quietly on the other side of the room.

He had a few nightmares as well, but he wasn't going to tell anyone.

Soon, the doctors came back into the room to begin surveying them to make sure that they would both be ready to get discharged and Ochako soon fell back asleep, trying to forget about her failure.

(The nightmare was based off of a nightmare in Another 🙃)

I watched a horror anime and I decided to write something from her pov cuz that sounded fun 🤠

I am burnt out but slowly getting back on schedule 🥲

Liquid Smooth - Mitski

836 words