Chapter 8 | Battle of the Bands

I joined Ginny as she went to work. Max was also there. I snagged a seat at the bar and watched Ginny run around as Max went on and on about her new crush. Sophie.

"Sophie Sanchez... is so hot." Max begins

Joe interrupts her and calls for Ginny. "Table four needs coffee."

"Like, her ass belongs in the Louvre." Max follows Ginny behind the counter to keep talking as Ginny grabs the coffee pot. "It's art. She wore leggings yesterday, and I died. I'm dead! I'm deceased." Max continues to follow Ginny around the restaurant. "Just cremate me and put me on the mantle. We've been texting."

I giggle to myself as I watch Max ramble and Ginny try to do her job.

"Something funny?" Joe asks as he starts to grab plates full of food from the kitchen.

"Yes actually. Joe do you need help? I can help work. I need money anyways." I ask and hope he says yes. Blue farm is the only place I'd work in this god forbidden town.

"I don't know I'll think about it." He turns away and helps people on the other side of the restaurant. Max continues to follow Ginny and once again goes behind the counter. "Max, you know you can't be back there."

She ignores him. "How are you and Hunter?"

Ginny turns to face her. "Ugh! He still hasn't said anything about the picture. It's weird. I don't think I'm good at the sexy thing. That's Georgia's expertise, not mine."

Max smiles. "Yeah, Georgia is insanely hot." She laughs at herself." Ginny gives her a look. Max's expression changes. "Sorry." Then back into a smile. "Not sorry. Okay I wanna talk more about Sophie now." Ginny sighs and walks away. Max still continues. "I wanna talk about Sophie 100% of the time. 100% of the time." Max and Ginny grab plates of food that Joe set out earlier.

"When you think about it that way, i showed great restraint." Max finishes. The girls walk over to a table.

"I got two Mexi-Melts, one regular, one with sweet potato," she grabs the plates from max, "and two turkey burgers, one gluten-free bun."

"Oh!" Max chuckles and steps towards the plates. "Sorry. This is the gluten-free bun." She switches the plates.

"Max, you realize you don't actually work here, right?" Joe asks her.

"Obviously, but table six needs their check, and table eight wants wings before happy hours over." Max smiles at Joe.

"See Joe you could use some help." I smirk.

"That's enough." Joe points his finger at me and walks to the kitchen. I roll my eyes at his stubbornness.

Max walks back over to Ginny who is drying cups. "Sophie." She holds up a picture of Sophie's instagram. "Two years ago. She is my Venezuelan fantasy woodland princess." Ginny smiles and takes her phone to look at the picture.

"Max, you cannot be back here." Joe scolds her once again.

"Bali does not look real." Ginny says.

"I know right? But David Bowie had his ashes spread there, so it is." Max says.

"You guys know David Bowie?" Joe asks, slightly impressed.

"Duh! From Shrek." Max says back.

Joe scoffs. "From Shrek."

"Shit." Ginny says in a panic.

"What? Oh is it the picture of her and that girl kissing from 2018? 'Cause if it is don't worry about it. I looked into it. Their Venmo payments stopped months ago, so it's fine."