Chapter 1 | fresh start

Wellsbury Massachusetts. thats the new location mom decided to move us to. i'm not super unhappy about it. i mean, the streets are clean, everyone looks happy, this may be the most normal town yet.

"you okay peach?" mom gestures to me in the backseat. i guess she noticed me zoning out.
"all good mom." i say with a smile, but i turn my head back out to the nice town and it's people. she must've thought something was up with the rest of us because of how quiet we all were and so she turns on 'It wasn't me' by Shaggy and Rik Rok. Her and Austin, my little brother, immediately start singing along. Ginny, my sister, rolls her eyes and adjusts her hands on the steering wheel. "that's not very appropriate Georgia" she says with a disapproving smile. Ginny has never really been fond of our moms parenting styles. i, however, look up to Georgia. she's been through so much and yet she's done everything for us. i admire her.
"Austin, what's this song about" mom says hoping to prove Ginny wrong. "People doing it in the bathroom and getting caught" says Austin. me and mom laugh as she turns off the music.

-

"well... here we are" mom says holding our shoulders as we all stand in front of the house. "it's really nice mom!" i grinned. even though we move a lot i'm always excited to start fresh, and most importantly redo my bedroom. "I CALL THE BIGGEST BEDROOM!" Austin yells as he runs inside. i look over at Ginny and she isn't as impressed. i ignore her and run after Austin to go explore the new house. after i study the rooms i go back outside to help mom bring in some boxes so we can start unpacking. i grab a box labeled 'Ginny's Shit' and start to head back up the drive way. right before i can get to the door i hear a door slam across the street.
"WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?" says a woman with short blonde hair, yelling at her son. who might i add is very attractive.
i immediately head inside not wanting to hear any of the arguing

-

i head upstairs to Ginny's new claimed room and set the box on her bed. "so? what do you think? it's such a nice town." i ask, trying to make some conversation. "yeah but you know mom, she's gonna find another guy and he'll die or they'll break up and we will have to move again. same thing each time" Ginny says, obviously annoyed. "yeah you have a point." i laugh "but mom said it'll be different this time."
"so?"
"so... she promised Ginny, you have to give her a chance."
"oh trust me, i have. plenty of times."
i roll my eyes "okay fine, whatever. here's your shit, im going to grab mine so i can unpack and make something of this beautiful town." i walk out of her room and shut her door. as i walk into my room i look around and take a deep breath. "time for a fresh start." just then i hear a knock on my door. "honey? can i come in? i have neighborhood drama!" she say the last sentence singsongy. i open the room and gesture to my bed. "so obviously you heard that mom across the street yellin' at her son right? well turns out she caught him on the side of the road smoking a joint! could you believe it?"
"oh my gosh." i say with a smile. mom pushes my hair back behind my ears with a sad sort of smile on her face. "you okay peach?"
"yeah mom, you know me, im always excited to start fresh!" i say.
"i know i just, i wanted to make sure you were okay. Ginny isn't taking it well and so i wanted to make sure you were" she said, with a slight concerned tone.
"yeah mom i'm okay, plus Ginny will be fine. she's just stubborn."
"yeah well that's one way to put it." she says smiling.
"im gonna finish unpacking mom, i love you." "i love you too peach." mom exits and i'm still scanning my room, waiting to see what's next.

*editors note: hey guys! this is my first time writing a fanfic. please let me know your feedback and i am already working on more chapters. i hope you guys enjoy :) *