VIOLET: Episode 5.14

Under a blooming cherry blossom tree, a beautiful blonde frowned as memories of his past flashed before his eyes like a film. All the while, small little pink petals fell onto him as the soft breeze weaved between his hair like it was trying to calm him.

Surveying the place he was currently in due to its unfamiliarity, Vil exhaled in exhaustion. Trying to recall what had happened before his arrival at the mysterious place, he flinched, groaning from the headache disturbing him.

But it seemed to immediately vanish when he noticed someone approaching him from a distance. When he squinted his eyes, he realized it was the ravenette he grew a crush for.

"Ma...Mayumi?" He whispered, surprised by her appearance.

She wasn't wearing anything special but the school uniform. However, her aura just seemed unusual.

Facing him, the ravenette nodded and walked over with a small smile. "Hello."

Too confused to notice her odd behavior, Vil crossed his arms over his chest while wearing a small frown. "Where exactly are we?"

Mayumi hummed as she looked around with a solemn expression. They were in Kanao's favorite spot under the cherry blossom tree named Victory. One the flower breather stayed at after the defeat of Muzan.

"I guess you could say it's our shared subconscious. In a way, we're connected. How cute." She teased as she stood beside the now frozen blonde.

"...Connected?"

"Yes. Connected."

Silence engulfed the two who stared at each other. One was smiling up while the other was wide-eyed.

A bit of warmth rose up Vil's face. To feel such feelings was surprising for the beautiful blonde. He never thought it would ever happen, but there's always a first to everything.

Mayumi only sighed as she took a seat next to Vil. The two were brimming under the blossom tree which would be and look romantic, but to Mayumi, it felt like a slap.

The pink petals reminded her of Mitsuri who was left abandoned in the infinity fortress. And Daki...

A sound of surprise erupted from Vil, breaking the ravenette's attention from her thoughts. Looking as to what troubled the blonde, Mayumi smiled, watching the butterflies surround Vil. "They're no harm. They're only healing you."

"Healing?"

"Cleansing you from any burdens you hold."

Vil paused, glancing at the ravenette with a raised brow. Seeing this, Mayumi started to explain. "They're healing any physical and mental wounds, and in a way comforting any hindering emotions. The butterflies are trying to cure you from negativity."

"No."

Mayumi blinked, surprised by his sudden reply. "Huh?"

Vil's lips tightened as he looked down at the confused girl. He knew he did something that affected her. He just didn't know what it was. And because of that, he felt immense guilt.

"I won't allow any act of kindness to be freely given to me. I have a feeling I've caused great misfortune just from the loss of gleam in your eyes. For that, I can't allow such a reward to be bestowed upon me, especially from someone I feel I have harmed. This is my punishment."

Mayumi stayed quiet, holding back the stream of misery urging to come out. Her throat burned from suppressing her tears for so long. It hurt that she wanted to scream, but she didn't allow herself to do it. So she whispered two words to repress that anguish.