Chapter 1- Hisoka

Kill by all means... Kill all... Kill... Kill Kill...

"Did you get the orders?" he asked me.

"Yes, sir. Orders: kill by all means," I stated bluntly, devoid of all emotion. It's all the same, the orders never differed nor will. It's all the same, nothing's ever going to change.

"Remember my words carefully," he whispers, hand resting upon my head, "if you ever fail, you fail me, you fail this family. You were only brought into this world to kill and make us known. You have no other purpose. Fulfill your destiny before all."

Nodding slightly, I turn to begin my work immediately, fathers words burning into my soul. Mothers eyes were on me the entire time, but it showed nothing of what my siblings saw. It seemed I was a machine only used for their personal gain, but what can I say, I never falter, I never failed, the job always gets done.

I shut the door quietly behind me and start down the hall, avoiding the eye contact with the paintings hung up on the walls. It wasn't of anyone, nobody in particular is what I mean. It was just a sad lonely man, staring down at anyone who walked passed. His eyes always seemed to haunt me in my dreams as a child, but I'm not that anymore, I am nearly 22. Suddenly a high voice rings in my ears, lifting my attention from the floor to my grandmother.

"Child, are you out on another mission?" she asks, her yellow eyes trained to mine, not shining as brightly as the rest of my siblings nor myself, but a dull color.

"Yes ma'am," I replied, not shifting my gaze. It's a habit I've picked up on intimidation, my gaze cold.

"Do your best," she said bluntly, and turned sharply on her heal to her dorm and slammed the door shut.

Ahh, how refreshing. I smirk, slamming my fist into the wall, feeling the rubble fall down my fist and cracking onto the tile floor.

*****

I left my house without warning and made it over to Yorknew City within a day given the amount of connections I had. I brought nothing since this would only take a day, maybe two if fate isn't on my side, and planned on surviving with the clothes on my back and the money in my pocket if times were desperate, which shouldn't be the case.

When the sun started to set and nightfall came upon the city, I took it as my chance to move freely without any restraint to the desired area, this target was supposed to be after I tapped into their phone, as they chatted with an unknown number. Apparently the two people had business to attend to and matters to discuss, which now leaves me to arrive at this run down carnival.

The moonlight shinning through the torn clouds makes the place all the more ominous. Scanning my eyes for stable high ground, I spot a building to the east of a carousel, standing right behind it in fact. The perfect spot for an assassination.

I grab the fabric of my dark hood and pull it over my head, tucking my hair inside of it, as I launch myself on top of the concrete building, stepping only slightly on the dust painted roof, concealing myself at all costs. If my target sees my footprints, even with the little light here, they'll assume the worst and make my job all the more difficult. This is a simple killing. No witnesses, no mess.

Time seemed to slow after I preformed zetsu, and the clouds started to shift covering the moon slightly as a few hours had passed. I dart my eyes looking about patiently for my suspected target and out of the corner of my eyes, I see a young man.

Weird...

I can't move myself or he'll notice me. He's an odd one, I can tell this much. He seems to be quite powerful.

The appearance of this young man was quite unique, as an understatement. Many people that I've had to kill had a hunter type look, or a normal business type look, but nothing like this. Although this guy seemed to resemble a hunter at most, he seemed to resemble something quite more. He's like a clown...no, not that, more like a magician. The tears seem to throw it off though, along with this eccentric hairstyle.

Siting himself on a horse at the rusted carousel, thirty minutes pass and a teenager appears out of the shadows, the moonlight making his entirety known if you look hard enough. The blue and gold he is adorned with shifts in the wind, his scent drifting through the air to my nose.

"You're early," the boy states.

"As are you," the young man coos. Odd...

"Tell me all you know about the Spiders." The boy snapped quickly, his brows drawing together.

Shit... The Phantom Troupe Spiders? They might as well have sent me to my death..

"Ah, why so quick? I just love idle chats," whined the clown magician.

"We came here on a deal, Hisoka, now tell me all you know," the blonde teens patience seems to wane, it was that much clear to me. Hisoka

"Fine," Hisoka replied bluntly, beginning his transfer of information.

About ten minutes passed when the clown was done giving vital information about as many troupe members as he could, and offered up a deal to team up with the blue one, and him eventually agreeing, he was left alone, except with me now.

Nothings happening. It's silent, dead silent, the wind was the only thing creating noise, moving leaves in its uplifting beat, and creaking a more eerily one when it shifts certain rides. Too quite.. He either knows I'm here, or has already left.

"You're quite impressive," I hear. So he hasn't moved. SHIT

"Hmm, no answer? I guess I'll come to you then,"

SHIT

"I'm on my way to your little hiding spot, young one,"

SHIT

"I'm closerr," he sings

SHIT

"Hello, my new friend," I heard in my ear before I moved to the ground in an instant, acting on impulse and my reflexes. He's almost murderous, no, not that, he has this bloodlust flowing through his veins, it's exciting to say the least.

"What gave me away?" I ask smirking turning around to meet this clever clown.

"The silence, although that is what assassins are known for, correct?" he asks. I nod slightly, not meeting his gaze, taking in his form rather, to detect any movements.

"I wouldn't have known otherwise if it wasn't on a whim, if I might add. Congratulations!!" he clapped, smiling an eye shutting grin, "You've impressed me, but tell me two things." his face changes from friendly to serious in an instant, like he was on the roof.

"How much did you hear, and who sent you?" he asks, looking at me, like nothing of what he said transpired before, a murderous glint in his eyes, which only leads me to smirk, shifting my gaze up.