Chapter 8- First Mission

After the indrocuctions of the members, one thing is very clear, they aren't superhuman. I mean yes, they have their abilities and super human strength, but nobody boasts about it. They don't flaunt their powers and yell their plan of action without a care in a world. The Phantom Troupe is just a group of close family, capable of many things, but keeps it on the low. They are, believe it or not, quite humble, in their own way of course.

"(y/n), this way," Chrollo calls ahead of me, sharply moving into a room, more broken than the one we exited from.

There's a few walls lined with books, well they were lined with books, but it's sucumbed to piles of whatever is left. Each stack contains no aparrent pattern, and are all lined in a circle sort of way, as if someone sat in the middle of a sea of pages, and tried to organize them around themselves. Unlike the rest of the horride way the building looks from he outside and the main room, this room was fully intact.

"You don't have to keep standing," Chrollo acknowledges.

"I'm fine," I state. He makes his way across the room, through the piles of writing and into the center of his little area, sitting down with one leg arched up, elbow resting on it, staring at me, as I move along the way, standing in between two pillars of his creation.

"Fine, so, I'm sure you're aware of our upcoming mission, hm?" he asks, staring into my soul.

"Yeah,"

"Since this is your first, know that I will be watching your every move with great precision," he threatens.

"Please, just get on with what you were going to say," I mutter, putting my hands in my pockets, like always.

"Okay then," the sighs, "As you know, Yorknew is a city home to the world's mafia, and annually, they hold the world's greatest auction. I want what they have, not just some jewels, nor books, but I want... it all," he sings, glowering at his ideal plan. I never realized it, but Chrollo is very...greedy...

"So, what will go down is, Feitan, Franklin, Shizuku, Pakunoda, and yourself, are going to break into the auction beofre it even starts, and kill the people in the back, securing the items from within, at all costs...." I completley loose track of what he's saying, thinking back to what father said everytime I would depart. Chrollo picks up at my wadering mind and snaps me back to reality.

Snapping his fingers, he retorts "Do listen,".

"My apologies," I speak.

"As I was saying, before you guys go out to sell the items, whoever decide to go up to the podium, will give the signal to kill anyone in the vacinity, understood,"

"Yes," he won't leave my eyes.

"I'm not sure if you have heard of the rules of the troupe, but, unless I say otherwise, you are to interpret my commands and whatever I say to your own accord, and there's no fighting amoung troupe members, and that does include Feitan," Chrollo says, hinting to Shorty and our head buttings.

This only makes me laugh. The sound chimes around the room, making way to Chrollo's ears, and he makes this face as if he's heard a sound from an angel. His eyes widen slightly before I pull myself back.

"Don't worry, leader-sama, Feitan and I are the best of friends," I inquire, twisting my pointer and middle finger together, signalling that we are as tight as family. He brereathes out a slight laugh, running a hand through his hair.

"I guess I've had no need to worry. At that, go to the others in your group and start to get ready to go," he smirks, "We are leaving tonight,"

I nod quietly, leaving to the hall, but something catches my ear.

Under his breathe, Chrollo whispers, "Beautiful..."

Did he want me to hear that... It was too loud to be unintentional...

Wait, has he fallen for me? Oh shit...

*****

When I came back to the group, Feitan gave me a hartred filled look, since I pulled his ink black hair before I left, but I completly ignore it, laughing my ass of in my head. When I sat down with everyone in the group I was in, we started talking about what was going to happen. Shizuku would be in the back, waiting till everyone died so she could bring out Blinky, her conjured vacume, to suck up all the remians, Paku's going to be in the room with the safe, watching over the merchendise, while Feitan, Franklin, and I are going to be on stage.

Feitan and Franklin are going to enter first, me following behind them, Shorty being at the podium, giving the call. After that, Franklin is going to shoot his nen bullets he emmits, killing the majority of the people, and whatever is left is up to Shorty and I. That's the plan, simple, yet full of complicated details. It's so plain that a multitudeof things could go wrong, yet we are all confident in each other's abilty, the thought never seems to arise.

The lights of the city are shinning against the five of us, the orange hues shining directly on our formal attire and our faces. Paku and Shizuku had no need to dress up, leaving Feitan, Franklin, and I batteling aginst the cold, waiting for the command to begin. Suddenly, a phone rings from someones pocket. Shoryt picks it up and looks at each of us and nods, each of us taking our place, starting the mission.

"Begin," he mumbles, his mask not blocking his words this time. The two run to the back, and the three of us walk to the entrance of where the underground auction is going to begin. The winds starts to fold around us, shifting their coats and my black dress in the process.