Chapter 13: Our Little Secret

Graphite jewels. A gray savior that's come through the night. They are clouded with concern but god, how he's saved me from myself.

"y/n, what's wrong?" our leader asks in a soft voice as to not arouse anyone who may have heard my outburst.

I open my mouth to speak, but nothing comes out, not even a whisper, just the little bit of air that I've captured inside me.

He takes a few steps towards me, but I back up in a futile attempt to keep some sort of distance between us. Quickly Chrollo stops, muttering to himself the possible outcomes of what he can do to provide comfort, yet none would work because the moment I see an opening of escape I take it without warning, and right now a broken window is that escape.

I step up to the window sill that's managed to stay upright against my weight and turn back to look at the eyes that has saved me, once again, in ways he can't even imagine. Eyes that light up like the night sky and holds all of the answers in the universe. The infinite void of question and logic and unknown reasons, and I jump, the late night air enveloping my body and running through my hair as I drop down swiftly, landing as if nothing fell.

He won't see me fall apart, nobody gets to see that but me...

.      .      .   

Hours pass, without warning of course, nothing stops the flow of time, yet it all seems to pass by rather quickly. With graceful efforts and movements i had made my way to the top of this old church building we call home, and now sit in a never ending abyss of my mind. 

I keep thinking of  all the possible variables that have led to me being in this present state of being lone, watching time fly by, with a nightmare in the corner of my mind, and a savior who comes at my call.  I've been here in Yorknew for hardly even a few months, months and so many things have happened. Just, why these sudden changes now of all times. 

As my mind wanders the colors picked by the universe are starting to be painted, out for the world to see. From the comfort of nighttime, of the moon and stars, all start to fade when purple hues and red shades start to envelope the world. 

I cant do anything but watch, i mean who wouldn't, yet something is different about this feeling. Instead of thinking and watching this continuous cycle, my idiotic mind wanders to what happened just a few hours ago.  

Why was he even up in the first place, how did he hear me when, why does he care? Why the hell wont Chrollo leave me alone, what the fuck is his problem? 

When morning finally approaches, the nen surrounding me and everyone inside starts to stir.

Everyones up....

I quickly get up and dust my pants off and jump down, grabbing pipes and what not, twisting and turning and make my way to the top of the window, above where everyone sleeps, the old church window, and i just through it, preparing myself for the landing. Just as i land everyone is up and greets me, and i do the same.

.       .       . 

"Oh my, look who's here~" a familiar voice that sounds like nails on a fucking chalk board. 

"What do you want you clown?" I turn on my heel and face a very eccentric man. 

"Awh I was just concerned since your little, outburst last night~" Hisoka coos at me. I give him the finger and walk away to my itty bitty little buddy that i love. 

"Feitannnnn" I drag his name out as i walk up to him. 

He scoffs "What toy?" 

I roll my eyes and step on his toe. 

"What, you dont like me?" I say in a hushed monotone voice. 

He scoffs again. I know he likes me, but he will never admit it. 

As if oil was poured into water, the surface of the atmosphere changes as Chrollo walks in. 

Fuck...

As usual, he walks up to his pile of rubble with a book in his hand, and sits, looking at us all  before he opens his obsession and feeds into it. I can't help but stare at his entirety, looking, searching for anything. Once again that endless abyss of my mind wanders and I zone out, until I'm snapped out of my daze when he stares back. 

I hold up a finger to my lips, telling him to keep what happened a secret, but all he does is smirk and look away. 

As quickly as he does, the day passes by, us a band of thieves with our leader in the middle, slave away to boredom. We were told to lay low after our mission, and so we have. Many drank away again, while others played games and such, and Hisoka, leaving again. 

I sit back against a broken piece of wall, a hand on my chin as i stare up at the leader, looking through my brows as I try and take apart a puzzle of a leader. Only once since then has he met my stare, and once again he smirks and looks away. 

.     .     . 

As morning turns into day, and day turns into the evening, and Ive deecided against all odds, I stand up, and walk towards our leader, at the foot of his throne of garbage. 

"Chrollo," I speak. 

He looks up and stares.

"Yes?" 

"A word if you might?" I ask bluntly, not blinking or breaking my gaze. 

"Ah, if you insist..." he coos, standing up and jumping down to my side. I motion my arm, leading him to a place we could talk privately, which he obliges to. 

Once we make it to the top of the building that we slave in, thats when i make my stance. 

"I would prefer we not mention last night, sir." I state plainly. 

"Of course, but it never leaves my mind as to why you would scream in the middle of the night, hm?" 

I roll my eyes, "Like you wouldn't talk about your reasons for starting a group such as this, I wouldnt dare share something like that." I snap softly. He only nods. 

"Of course, but dont forget your place here, despite your reputation, I lead you..." he reminds me, and I nod. He moves his hand up to my face but before he does anything I grab his wrist and push it away, turning on my heel to make it back to the other Spiders. 

Under his breath I hear him sigh, interesting. Hes the one to talk... 

.      .      .

As if this day couldn't get any less unbearable, four of the spiders are gone, leaving me with a few to rely on to cure my case of fucking boredom. Nobunaga, Machi, Paku and Phinks. 

What are they doing now...