Chapter 1: A School of Monsters?!

Muto Yugi, the 15 year old game enthusiast, had somehow failed his high school entrance exams. To say he was shocked would be the understatement of the year.

"I don't believe it, there's no way you could have failed Yugi," Anzu said as she looked over the letter whilst they walked to Burger World. "Does this mean you can't go to Domino High?"

Yugi would shake his head, still in disbelief. "No, I can't," he answered, dropping his head in shame. "I just don't get how I could've failed, I understood everything on the exam."

Anzu would stop, putting a hand on the boy's shoulder as he turned his head to her. "Yugi, I know something's wrong with this. It has to be sabotage," she said, handing the letter back to him.

The boy's eyes widened immediately as the thought of sabotage had never occurred to him. "Sabotage?"

"Mm," she nodded as Yugi looked back down at the score on the paper. A resounding "0", he'd quickly flip past the number and looked at the exam itself.

"Wah! I didn't write any of this!" Yugi said as he looked over the exam. Anzu would nod before smiling. "Yugi, you said you were going to a different high school right?"

"Mm," he nodded as Anzu pulled her hand away. "I'm sure if me and your grandpa look, we can find out who sabotaged your exam while you're gone."

"You'll be in Domino High by next year, Yugi, I promise," Anzu said as Yugi nodded, finally smiling. He'd hand her the letter before the two friends entered the burger joint.

Months would pass before Yugi found himself at a bus stop with another teen around his age. The brown haired teen would turn to Yugi, scratching the back of his head.

"So I'm guessing you failed your entrance exams too?" He asked sheepishly. Yugi chuckled, shaking his head. "No, my exam got sabotaged," he explained as a look of shock would flash over the other teen's face.

"Someone messed with your exam?! Is there anyone looking into it?!"

"Yeah, the staff back at my middle school are still looking into it, if they can find the culprit, I'll be allowed to transfer next year," Yugi answered as the other teen nodded. "I see, well I hope they find the guy. Oh right, where are my manners? I'm Aono Tsukune, nice to meet you," he'd politely bow.

"Muto Yugi, nice to meet you too," Yugi mirrored his action as they heard the bus pull up. "By the way, I like what you did with your uniform. It's really cool," Tsukune complimented as Yugi looked down at his modified attire.

He had completely swapped out the jacket for one with a raised collar. He had dyed and accented it to match the school uniform's green and white. Across the bottom of the jacket sleeves were black belts. As for the dress shirt and tie? He ditched it for a black t-shirt. To complete the look, he wore a black belt choker and two belts around his waist. 

"Thanks."

The two would enter the bus as it took off for Yokai Academy.

Finding a seat across from Tsukune, Yugi would open his bag and retrieve an envelope that his grandpa had given him before he left. "What's in that?" Tsukune asked as Yugi turned his head to him. "Oh my grandpa wanted to give me some money before leaving."

"Wow, that's really nice of him. My parents just shooed me out of the door as soon as I finished breakfast."

"Hey, you two. Are you new students at Yokai Academy?" The bus driver asked as he started up a conversation.

"Yeah, we are." The fifteen-year-old Yugi answered as his purple eyes flicked to the bus driver's image behind the glass.

"Well," the driver gave an almost inaudible chuckle, "In that case, you better prepare yourselves. That place is one scary-ass school you're going to."