Chapter 3: Trouble in Domino.

Yugi was relatively surprised, he somehow had mail. So here he was standing at the bus stop taking an envelope from the man that had taken him here. "They really should just get cell service here, I'm not a mailman," the bus driver commented, handing a letter to Yugi. Taking it, Yugi would immediately notice the sender's name.

"Anzu?"

"See ya kid, and please don't ask me to be your messenger."

"Right. Bye mister," Yugi said, waving the man off as he drove off. The boy would then look back at the envelope, curious of its contents. Maybe Anzu was just checking up on him?

He'd open it, spotting a folded letter. Quickly pulling it out, he'd begin to read as his eyes widened.

Yugi, I know we can't contact you there but it's urgent! It's your grandpa, the Kaiba corporation did something to him, he's not waking up! - Anzu

A pit would form in the boy's stomach as he read it again to be sure his eyes weren't deceiving him. To no avail, the words read out the same regardless of how many times he looked it over.

"Grandpa…"

"Yugi-kun!"

Yugi would turn his head on the verge of tears.

His eyes would dart to Kurumu, quickly approaching him with Tsukune and Moka. "Hey wait, is that a love letter?!" Kurumu would yell upon seeing the paper in his hands. She'd begin to march toward him and move to grab it. Only to have her hand swatted away.

"I don't have time for this," the boy spat.

Kurumu would take a step back, immediately taking notice of their height difference. "You're the other Yugi-kun."

"And what if I am?" He asked, glaring back and silencing any sort of remark from the succubus. With that, he'd turn back to the bus stop and tapped a button to summon the bus driver.

"Yugi, what's going on?" Moka asked, taking a cautious step forward. Yami would grit his teeth as his grip on the letter tightened. He'd freeze, feeling a hand on his shoulder. Turning his head, he'd spot his other half, shaking his head.

Taking in a deep breath, he'd exhale slowly before eyeing Moka and Tsukune. "Look, I have to go. Something serious has come up back at home."

Seeing the grim expression painted across his features, the trio nodded in understanding, letting him go.

A light from the tunnel would shine through the darkness as the bus driver emerged from it, stopping right in front of the young duelist. "I'll be back," he commented, turning his head to the opening doors.

With that said, he'd walk up the stairs of the bus and take a seat. Whoever had hurt grandpa would pay dearly, he guaranteed it. No amount of Yugi's kindness would save the scoundrel from his wrath.

"Where to kid?"

"Domino City. Kame Game."

"Hm."

Domino City

Yami stepped off the bus as he spotted the building, it was indeed closed. Grandpa would never close this early. Using his spare key, he'd open the door and enter. Nothing seemed out of place at first glance. Moving behind the back counter, he'd immediately spot his grandfather's prized possession missing from its box.

"Grandpa's card!" Yugi would yell as Yami, flicked his eyes over to his translucent counterpart. "Mm. They must've come here for the rare card and did something to him."

"How could anyone do this?" Yugi asked, clenching his fists.

"Yugi?"

Yugi would turn, seeing Anzu staring in shock at Yami. "You-"