Prologue: Changes in Lifestyle

Skylar Cameron grabs the last box from beside her bed. She hadn't fully cleaned out her room, she had just taken important things, like her photos and some spare clothes. It hadn't been that long since her sister Sarah and best friend had died but she had made quite a few changes to her life and to her appearance. Instead of her usual fancy Kook and Pouge balanced outfit, Skylar now wore much darker and Pouge styled clothing, had made the fake piercings up her ear real, began straightening her hair and started doing her makeup a little more intense then before. 

Her BFF Kiara thought she made the change because she wanted to remove everything that reminded her of her Kook life/her sister and even though Skylar didn't admit it she was right.

It was dark out and she was trying to be as quiet as possible. Her family hadn't seen her since she ran away from the airplane almost 5 days ago and after what happened, the almost 17 year old wasn't planning on reuniting. She had sent them a letter in the mail saying she wasn't dead but if they came to the Cut to get her to return home she would leave outer banks and sent the a screenshot of her paid ferry ticket in the letter to prove she was serious.
'Babe, hurry up' JJ Maybank whispers to his girlfriend from the window. Skylar picks up the box and heads over to the window. She hands it to JJ who climbs down the ladder and hands the final box to Pope Hayward who was standing at the bottom.
'I would like to remind you how risky this is' the boy reminds his friend who rolls her eyes.
'Well technically I DO live here so it's not really Pope' she replies grabbing her two boxes and JJ grabs the final two.
'Then why are we doing this in the middle of the night?'
'Because I don't want to talk to my parents, they will just try and get me to come back' she says as they head over to the Pope's dad's car. The three friends jump in and Skylar drives the car back down to the Cut. 

Once they arrive back at the Chateau, Pope waves goodbye to JJ and Skylar and heads back home. The couple head up the steps with the boxes in their hands but their surprised when they see a letter on the front doorstep. They had been gone all day so who knows when the letter was dropped off. JJ leans down and picks up the letter. 

Skylar 

'It's for you' JJ says before handing her the letter and heading inside. Skylar shoves it in her back pocket before heading in after her boyfriend. She places it on her bedside table in JJ's (well now her and JJ's) bedroom that they had in the Chateau. 

'Are you going to read it?' JJ asks from the head of the bed as he removes his shirt and throws it somewhere on the floor.

'Yeah I will but not tonight, I'll probably do it after the funeral tomorrow' Skylar says removing her own clothes, leaving her in a bra and underwear. She heads over to a draw and grabs out her pajamas's. She's about to undo her bra before catching her boyfriend staring at her. 

'Turn around Maybank' 

JJ smirks

'What it's not anything I haven't seen before' he tells her but she shakes her head and motions to him to turn around. JJ groans before complying and Skylar quickly changes into a tshirt before jumping under the covers beside her boyfriend. 

The second she faced her bedside table she felt JJ's hands weave around her waist and pull her against his bare chest. 

'Goodnight Princess' JJ whispers into her ear

'Goodnight Maybank'  Skylar replies placing a kiss on his hand before the two of them fell asleep in their favourite place with their favourite person. 

A/N

I'M BACK!!!! So excited for this season. I have so much planned and I can't wait for you guys to read it <3