Chapter 6: My Druthers

Skylar's POV

My eyes slowly begin to open and I take in my surroundings. At first I'm confused but then I remember going to Zach's house last night after my brother attacked Sarah. But why did I not go home? I think it over in my head before I finally remember.

'Ricky was supposed to do it and then this blonde guy shows up in his place. I called you guys and you said you had him but now he's not in the back of the van where he was to begin with'

I feel anger bubble up inside me as I remember what happened with JJ and the hospital. I didn't plan on being so frustrated about it but I think after everything, that this was the last straw. I didn't like not knowing things and JJ was keeping things from me, relationships are not about that.

I get out of his bed in only a extra large t-shirt, his shirt, that he gave me last night and I open the door into the lounge room when Zach literally just comes through door with a plate of food in his hand.

'I was just about to come wake you up' Zach says and I chuckle.
'Well, now you don't have to' I say as I sit down at a table on the other side of the room. Zach sits down in front of me and hands me the plate.
'For you' he says and I lightly laugh.
'You didn't have to get me breakfast'
'Well..your in my house, I'm sort of your host' Zach says as I start eating the scrambled eggs. I hadn't had full on Kook, well, cooked food like this since I moved out. Without meaning to I let out a quiet moan and Zach immediately starts laughing as a shocked expression appears on my face as I realise what I just did.
'Omg forget that just happened!' I lecture Zach who still can't stop laughing.
'How....can....I.....That....was.....to.....funny' Zach manages to get out between laughs. My mouth drops open and I smack his shoulder.
'I'm serious! You tell anyone I'll skin you' I threaten and Zach looks scared for a moment before we both start laughing again.
'No, it's just I haven't had like 'kook' food since, well I moved out' I say seriously as I take another bite.
'JJ never cooked you a good meal?' Zach asks raising an eyebrow at me.
'Well we didn't really have the money to cook the most exceptional food' I say like it's obvious. As I take a sip of the orange juice next to me I barely take notice of Zach rolling his eyes before grabbing my hand that wasn't occupied by anything.
'Sky....I seriously think JJ isn't being the boyfriend he's supposed to be, he's not providing for you and your fights are leading you to staying with me, it's not right' Zach says and I stare at his hand that was holding mine. It felt comfortable and it made me feel strange, JJ's hand belonged there, at least, I always thought it did. But after the stunt he pulled after promising me that we were a team, (it was us 'always and forever') I wasn't so sure that we were on the same team anymore. I needed to talk my boyfriend
'Look Zach, thank you for the breakfast and letting me stay here, you truly are amazing but I think I should go and sort some things out' I tell Zach as I stand up from my seat. I walk back towards the balcony and I open the doors.
'Wait!' Zach calls out and I turn around to face the kook boy
'Just....be careful' Zach says and I smile before making my way back down to the ground and then I start my journey back home to the Chateau.

Third Person POV

'That's a lot of wax on your board. Put too much wax, it's gonna be slippery' Pope warns JJ as he works on his board.
'Are you telling me how to wax my board Pope?' JJ asks rudely. He hadn't been in the perkiest of moods this morning after everything that happened the night before with John b and the fact that he hadn't heard or seen his girlfriend since she ran away from the Chateau a day ago.
'Just saying that's a lot of wax' Pope mutters and that was enough to send the blonde boy over the edge.
'You're telling me how to wax my board. You kidding?' JJ yells
'That's a colossal waste of wax' Pope protests clearly not realising his best friend was on edge.
'Guys, really? Pope leave JJ alone, he's just frustrated' Kiara adds
'Kiara I'm not-'
'Wait guys, did you hear that?' JJ suddenly asks. The trio turn around and hear a car honking. JJ immediately sprints outside to see who it is.
'Princess' he quietly mutters to himself as he prays its his girlfriend.