Chapter 1 What the hell happened to me?

Disclaimer: Detective Conan belongs to Gosho Aoyama and associated parties. I do not make money nor own anything with the exception of my own original characters.

Author's note: A fun, fun, fun thought experiment. This one won't be too long but the wait can be. It will be updated sporadically whenever I have free time after the other fics. Thank you and enjoy.

Visit me on Tumblr for artworks and interesting tidbits: wormwoodwine

Chapter 1 What the hell happened to me?

Gin woke up in a random car temporarily utilized for a mission. He stretched his limbs and cracked his neck. For the first time in his life, spending a night in an awkward sitting position didn't fill him with sores. In fact, he felt rested. No, he felt great. He had one of the best night's sleep in years. But the entire stakeouts were for naught, as his memory informed him. He went all the way to New York for nothing.

Then, something strange happened. He couldn't reach the steering wheel. He looked down to find his clothes gathering beneath him. To his horror, his entire body was covered in black fur.

It can't be happening. He thought and jumped on the headrest of the driver's seat. In the rearview mirror wasn't of a tall, blond man but of a black cat with vibrant green eyes.

"Bro, I brought ..." Vodka's voice interrupted Gin's thoughts. His partner opened the passenger's door with an armful of greasy paper bags and a tray of coffee. His eyes landed on the furball. "What are you doing here? Out! He'll be pissed."

Panic set in when Vodka noticed the clothes covered in the cat's hair. He hastily called Gin's phone only to find the vibrating device in Gin's pants pocket.

"Vodka, it's me!" Gin screamed but what came out was a bunch of desperate meows.

"I don't have time for you! Get out!" Vodka was in a full-blown panicking mood, dragging Gin by the back of his neck and throwing him out of the car.

Sitting on the sidewalk, he stared at his hysterical partner and gave up on revealing his identity. Who would believe a cat?

***

As Gin was wandering on the streets and thinking about his next move, he came across another problem. He was nearsighted and colorblind. His vision was blurry, and he could only see shades of blues and greens. He couldn't read any signs. The world seemed strangely muted. And at the same time, it was bombarded with unimaginable noises making him lightheaded. Then, he remembered that a cat's vision was different from a human's and that the hearing was three times better.

"Shit!" He cursed under his breath. However, it wasn't all bad news. He had a theory for his condition. The organization was testing a lot of new drugs. He knew of a poison that could shrink a corpse. It wouldn't be far-fetched if something was able to turn him into a cat. Perhaps, someone dosed him.

Just wait. He bared his fangs at the thought.

To reverse the effect, he would need access first. But how?

While he was taking shelter at a bus stop, a giant billboard smacked him in the eyes. Vermouth, no, Sharon's face was smiling, promoting some shit blockbusters she made. Initially, he scoffed, but then a light bulb lit up in his mind.

***

On a quiet film set, everyone held their breaths. Their eyes were glued to an actress in a dingy coffin hanging a few feet off the ground. Vermouth, aka Sharon, was coming to terms with her death as she recorded her last words on a crappy cell phone. Her entire body was riddled with dirt and sand.