More Autistic James

James stimming and such. Lily and Harry are also autistic. Lily and James survive. War? What war???

Lily POV || Muggle Grocery Stores Suck

The grocery trip is going almost perfectly, until the Tesco security alarm goes off. We're in the checkout line, and the theft-prevention devices by the door are acting up again. I soothe Harry as he begins to fuss.

The cashier gives me an apologetic smile, and I give her a reassuring one. "Oh, I'm used to it. I've been going here for years. James hasn't been, he's new to all thi-James?"

James is mysteriously gone, when he was right next to me. I finish paying, gather all my groceries. He's probably just in the bathroom.

I don't see James again until I'm in the parking lot. James is pacing by the car, his hands over his ears. I rush over in worry. "Babe?"

James looks up, immediately taking Harry. "I'm so sorry, Lily, I shouldn't have done that-"

HOOOOOOONK.

James' face goes horribly pale, and he seems frozen, unable to move or speak. I glare at the offending driver who just parked across the lot. "Sorry, James. Let's just get in the car, okay?"

He opens the car door and straps Harry into his car seat while I sit in the passenger seat. When the car door is shut and Harry is happily babbling, I sigh in relief. James gets into the driver's side, stilling his hands on the steering wheel. 

I'm checking on Harry and giggling at his little smile when I realize...the car isn't moving. "All good, James?"

He doesn't respond.  Instead....I hear quiet sobbing. I twist around, stopping when I see James rocking in his seat, his thumb between his teeth. Tears are streaming down his face.

I swear under my breath. I should've seen how overwhelmed he was. "Hey....I can drive, James."

He sniffles, nodding his head. We switch seats, and when James takes my spot, he only cries harder. It's then I see him struggling with the seatbelt. I do it for him, waving my wand. He tries to thank me, but he's gone nonverbal.

When we get home, James helplessly rocks in his seat, tugging on his seatbelt. I carefully undo it for him, feeling immense guilt. I could've done enough magic to let us get away with him not having to wear it. Dammit.

I gently touch his shoulder, and I instantly regret it. He curls into himself, feet kicking out at the door, descending into full, all out sobbing. Shit, where is Sirius when I need him?!

I quietly Summon James's two way mirror, and when it zooms into my hand, I speak, "Sirius Black."

His face appears, at first grinning and then full of worry. "Oh, hey! Hey, Ja-oh. Oh, what's wrong, Lils?"

I step away from the car, saying quietly, "I need you, Sirius. James is terribly overwhelmed, I need help here."

The mirror goes blurry as Sirius gets ready. "On it, Red. I'm coming. Gonna disconnect, I gotta Apparate."

Sirius appears, gasping when he sees the state James is in. "I'll get Harry, Red, you take care of him. But we need to keep an eye on him, he might get confused and wander off."

I nod, handing Harry over to him. I go over to James again. He's gotten out of the car, and he's left the door open, thumb still in his teeth, staring at the sky. He's rocking on his feet.

I quietly go over to him. "James...let's go inside."

He follows me in, eyes wide and full of confusion. Once we're inside, he wanders over to the sofa, mumbling to himself. Once he's comfortably bundledI up in his favorite blanket with Mr. Dinosaur, he begins to calm down.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

James POV || Sensory Euphoria

The perfect day off: wearing my favorite soft socks, soft trousers, soft sweater, Mr. Dinosaur, and Harry. Lily and I changed the rug to be cow print, pink, and very soft. I can't stop rubbing my hands and feet on it and giggling to myself.

The adorable baby deer is laying on his back on the carpet, fingers in his mouth, babbling to himself. He hasn't walked yet, but Lily says that's normal.

Harry, who is in his favorite yellow onesie, flaps his hands at the same time I do. I squeal at his cuteness and giggle as Harry smiles wide. He's so precious.