Come Let's Watch The Rain As It's Fallin Down

Title is Sunlight On Your Skin by Lil Peep and ILOVEMAKONNEN. Really good song. Sirius is a plural system

The Sirius System
Sirius
Aries
Little One
MayLyn

James POV

"Mate, you left this here. It's not my handwriting."

Sirius tosses a journal my direction. I open it, skimming the pages. "Sirius....this is yours. That is your handwriting."

He looks immensely confused as he thumbs through it again. "Who wrote it then? It wasn't me, James."

I simply stare, not knowing what to say. It's been happening more and more where Sirius can't seem to remember things. And not just normal forgetting; the other day he told me his prized leather jacket isn't his.

"James...what's my name?" He asks, looking a little frightened. His voice is pitched lower, more monotone.

I pad over, holding his shoulder. "Sirius. You're Sirius."

He shakes his head, beginning to shake. "No. No I'm not, James. I'm someone else. I'm telling you!"

I nod. "Of course, of course. I hear you, alright? What is your name, then?"

His face crumples. "I....I don't know!"

I embrace him. "It's okay, buddy."

Later, Sirius tells me, "It was Aries earlier."

When bedtime comes around, Little One giggles and chases me around the house. I cuddle him before Aries comes out and timidly sinks back to their bed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maylyn POV

I come to in the living room.

I'm in an unfamiliar body, a body that is clearly male. My hair, thankfully, is long.

James catches on quickly when my voice is high pitched, I scrounge around for the hair bows we impulse bought, and I wear the skirt Sirius got as a joke.

He smiles. "Do you have a name?'

I think, and think, and think some more. "MayLyn."

James nods. "Valid."

I find the journal and recognize my own handwriting instantly.

Aries says in my head with an annoyed tone, "Told you."

James's mum gives me an old dress of hers, and I'm thankful.