Part 54: A Body And Some Metal

Hours flew past as the sweat began to run down my face, the heat from the furness boiling the room. Karl stood there over one of them cigar in mouth as the smoke trailed out fusing with the steam as he lifted the molted steel out and poured it into a mold.

"crikey, how do you manage to work in this heat!"

I rested against one of the trolleys and fanned myself with my hand, a slight chuckle came from him as he put the hot metal back into one of the furnaces.

"easily, see..."

He picked up the mold still burning hot ands placed it into a vat of cold water. How the hell did he not get burned!

"get some tongs and keep an eye on it, imma go get the body to work with."

Wiping the sweat from his brow he took the cigar out of his mouth and tapped the Ash off into the floor. I got up and felt my legs wobble. Karl hurried over and helped me over onto the trolly I was resting on.

" I'm fine just it's at a spicy level hot here, do you have any water?"

"yeah just stay there, don't do what you would do and start to wander off..."

Giving a sloppy salute I stayed sat there in the heat, watching as the water bubbled and steamed slowly in the vat. I've seen him work before in here when I was smaller everything seemed so big and scary but now it just feels like home.

Karl came back with a massive water bottle, metal of course and engraved with my name and other patterns, handing it to me it was cold, instantly soothing my hands as I traced the line work.

"wooaah that's really cool, how long have you had this."

I turned it and examined it each line made with intent.

"uh not that long... I uh... Yeah just shut up and drink before you pass out."

Waving his hand he went back out to a different room and I took a large gulp of the water inside. Surprisingly it didn't taste like metal or off. It was crisp and cold as I felt it sooth my cracked lips. Just as I placed it down to my side a body got wheeled in.

"right are ya ready for the fun stuff?"

A smirk cracked onto his face as he put the breaks on the trolley. Without saying a word I hoped down and stood next to the trolley. Karl looked down at me and something emanated from him as I examined the body. its limbs were thin, muscles exposed under the flesh as it lay there still. there was nothing to this body as it stayed there, there were some knives and other pieces of equipment there on a tray, dulled but sharp as the dim light hit them. He got the piece of metal from the vat of water and cracked it open. it showed a several weird concaved shapes. 

"Make an incision in the chest and ill weld the heart together and sort out all the metallic parts."

"Well you are a knock of magneto so makes sense." 

A scoff was heard and he started welding things together. i picked up the scalpel its cold metal resting in my hands as i hovered over the body.