Chapter 1: A new friend (Revised)

"Speaking"

'Thoughts'

*Action*

Text being read

Skill

(Leaf POV)

I wasn't sure what to expect from the town. I was still leaning on Maple as we get closer to town and commotion is heard. I stop but Maple gave me a nudge.

Maple: "It's just players like me. Don't worry"

Me: "Players like you? Can they summon giant snakes and move at your pace?"

Maple: "No, only I can use Hydra. I think. And AGI is what determines how fast you can move"

Still not sure on stats and skills, I waited until we were somewhat safer in town before I asked about where I am, when it is, and hopefully not ask too many questions. The town was in view and several people were walking in our direction. Seeing the glint of the giant axe on one of them was scary, so I hid behind Maple's shield.

Maple: "What is it? The town is right there."

The passing people glance at Maple, not paying her any mind as I stay hidden.

Maple: "No one here wants to hurt you. It's fine"

It's too early to say that everyone here is as nice as Maple. She was slowly walking to a building with a symbol of a hammer hanging above the door.

Past the door was a counter and in the next room was what looked like a smithing room, a blue haired woman stepping out

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

I stayed behind the shield and Maple giggled for some reason.

???: "Hello Maple. Nice gear you found"

The craftswoman knew Maple apparently.

Maple: "It is isn't it?! I got lucky and made a friend!"

???: "A friend?"

Maple: "She's nice. You don't need to be worried"

Maple nudged me with her free hand. I gulped and peeked around the shield, letting the woman see me, or at least part of me.

(Maple POV)

'Oh it's too precious!'

Seeing Leaf be shy was as good as seeing him confused. It's so cute! I want to squeeze him in a hug the rest of the day!

Iz watched the blue eyes stare at her from behind the shield until I unequipped it. Iz sees the small and roughed up kid try to quickly get behind me. I'm trying not to interrupt, but it's too adorable!