01

— Luke —

the smell of nicotine, stale beer and sweat fills the club, almost suffocating you as you step through the heavy black doors, neon lights flicker through the room, illuminated strangers faces, some blinking quickly as the streak of light hits them without warning.

I was late, thanks to my best friend being a absolute shit driver.
my body moves through the crowd as I make my way backstage. "I know I know, I'm late" I say out of breath as I step into the makeup room.
The room held up to four people, three males; crowded in their sections placing the last finishing touches on their makeup. a female, already dragged up and was putting her heels on. Amelia was lovely and one of my favourite drag queens by far.

She smiles over at me as remove my shirt and sit at my section of the table
"don't worry, you ain't due on yet" she says, making my nerves calm slightly.
Amelia walks out and I put my hair back in my wig cap.

****

my heels click on the backstage floor, the sound muffled by the red flowery carpet. my eyes double checking to see if I looked good; I was padded up and tucked, my dark brown wig curled gracefully to my shoulders, my red Smokey eye makeup looked piercing through a pair of blue eyes. A short red dress fitted tightly around my frame as my cleavage showed through the v shame neckline going all the way down to nearly the bottom of my boobs. topping it off by my famously known red high heels.

my name was shouted into the mic, dragging me back to reality as cheers echoed the club. making my way on stage, performing my first song.