𝘰𝘰𝘰. 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝗽𝗶𝗱𝗲𝗿 𝗯𝗶𝘁𝗲

❛ 𝘧𝘰𝘭𝘬𝘭𝘰𝘳𝘦 ❜

━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━ ˗ˏˋ꒰ 🪐 ꒱ ━━━━━

𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 7

Celia turned to look at Peter, and pointed at him, "Do not get me in trouble, and stay with the group."

"But you didn't listen," Celia sighed,

"I won't get you in trouble, don't worry," Peter watched as Celia told Gwen not to worry about him and led the group to the bioreactor room before backing off, he said he wouldn't get her in trouble, not that he would stay with the group.

He continued his journey, watching the different stations, trying to remain inconspicuous to passers-by, until he knocked into a shady looking man.

"I'm so sorry," he turned to face the man, picking up the folder he had dropped, till his eyes caught the symbols peeking out, the same symbols he had found in his father's briefcase. Before he could get a closer look at it, the employee he had bumped into snatched it back, giving Peter a suspicious look, then walking off.

"The plot thickens," Ron rubs his hands together in anticipation.

Peter narrowed his eyes, following the man with his eyes, gave the room a once-over look, then followed him throughout the corridors, remaining unseen by the man in question. He watched as the man finally stopped in front of a door, and entered a complicated looking password, stepping into the room with a final scan of the room.

Peter concealed himself behind a wall, watching the man interact with two other employees before leading them away, conversing about something that he couldn't hear. He hesitated, Celia's voice echoing in his mind, her disapproving face coming to mind, 'Do not get me in trouble'. Sure he would be in so much trouble, but wouldn't she also be punished for not paying attention to the group?

"Whenever I do something stupid, I can always hear Celia's voice."

"But that never stops you from doing something studpid."

Though he feels bad for potentially ruining Celia's life, Peter's urge to find out more about his father surpassed the fear of the amount of trouble they'd be in. He looked around once more before repeating the pattern the employee had done and was granted access into the room.

"That's impressive that you remember that," McGonagall's eyebrows raised at the blatant display of Peter's amazing mind.

Once inside, Peter found multiple rooms with sciency gadgets, and watched them for some time, his eyebrows furrowing at the machine producing a substance that looked suspiciously similar to a spider's web — until he found a room lit with a blue light, concealing the objects that inhabit the room. He managed to make his way inside, revealing racks of what looks like webs and spiders.

"Anything but spiders," Ron bemoans in horror.

"The movie's name is literally Spider-man, Ronald."

"Still."

"Why didn't you just listen to Celia and stay with the group," May groans, holding her head in her hand.

He reached out to touch the racks, but his hand had accidentally touched a string, causing the machines to stop.

"Peter what the fuck did you do."

Peter looked up in horror as spiders began to fall from their places and started to crawl all over him. He shook his head, trying to remove the spiders from his hair, swatted the arachnids of his jacket and side-eyed the room wearing a fearful expression.

Many were wearing the same expression, with Ron looking as if he was about to cry.

The scene changes to show the shady man in a meeting with Dr Connors.

"We received the results from the MRNA sequences this morning, they were... disappointing," Dr Connors sighed, watching the other man in his office fiddle with a gadget of his.

"Define disappointing," he looked up, putting down the device and sat down on his desk.

"Another dead end. It's the decay rate algorithm."

"Decay rate algorithm? Isn't that the thing that Peter found in the briefcase?"

"Wow, you were actually paying attention. I think this is the longest you've ever paid attention to something."

"It's because the main lead's hot-"

"And this is to be expected," Dr Connors explained, but the other man didn't listen, instead shaking his head in denial.

"Expected? You said you were close," he accused him.

"We are close, but it's going to take time," Dr Connors tried to clarify, attempting to keep a calm persona.

"He doesn't have time. Norman Osborn is dying, Dr Connors. And we need you to save him," as the other man gathered his things, beginning to leave, he turned back for one final word, "or we'll both lose our heads." And with that, he left Dr Connors alone, to ponder his next move with the decay rate algorithm.

"Norman Osborn's dying?" Peter's mouth hung in shock, recalling the stern man who'd always look like he wanted to be anywhere else than the Parkers' old house (which Peter wouldn't put past him) whenever he'd show his face to pick up his best friend, Harry Osborn, (which is to say almost never, Harry would normally be picked by a nanny or chauffeur.)

Peter is seen again, rushing away from the room with spiders.

"I would too, if I was in that situation."

While he slowed down to a walking pace, brushing his shoulders, trying to look non-chalant, Celia watched him, with an unimpressed expression, watching as he slowly came to a halt in front of her, knowing he fucked up. Still, he tried to rectify the situation by explaining what had happened. Really badly.

"Well, you know- there was this thing and-" Peter chuckled nervously while Celia continued to stare back at him with her displeased face.

"What type of excuse is that?"

"Alright, give me the badge." Peter sighed in disappointment, staring at the ceiling instead of looking Celia in the eyes.

"Give it."

"Alright, alright." As Peter leant forward, giving Celia his badge, his hand automatically went to the back of his neck, a hiss of pain leaving his lips. Celia turned back in confusion, before ignoring him, still pissed at him for nearly getting her in trouble.

"I'm sorry," Peter hugged Celia, burrowing his head in her stomach. She patted his back with a soft smile, "It's fine, don't worry. I wasn't really that mad at you anyways."

"Still," he peered at her from his spot, in which she responded by kissing the top of his head.

Peter left the building, his face twisted with pain, and rubbing the back of his neck, while making his way to the subway, creeped out by what he had seen. His body felt as if it were on fire, the nagging sensation of thousands of legs crawling on him overwhelming his senses. He glanced back at the skyscraper before rushing to the station, hoping to forget about the terrifying experience.