2

The tall male got down from the car as fast as he could and ran inside the police station dashing through the doors.

He held an envelope in his hand.

He ran across the whole station not bothering to greet anyone.

He didn't stop until he came across that one cabin he was searching for.

He didn't bother knocking on the door, he just bragged inside the office.

He was sweating profoundly and breathing heavily.

"Hyung" he exclaimed and held out the envelope in his hand.

The one being called was busy in his own world and turned around in his chair not completely but only enough for his side profile to come into the view.

He had a small pointy face with large eyes, a prominent cupid's bow, and a sharp jawline.

His eyes rested on the file he was holding but he nodded his head letting the other male know that he was paying attention to him.

" I GOT SELECTED !" he shouted not being able to contain his excitement.

The listener now entirely diverted his attention to him.

His face morphed into a huge smile, he got up from his seat put the file on the desk, and went to the tall male.

"Congratulations Soobin," he said while patting his shoulders.

" Thanks hyung, it wouldn't have been possible if it wasn't for you. " he went in for a brotherly hug but was stopped by the elder one.

"Uh-huh now no more hyung. You are an officer now so you are to call me sir. Got it " he asked, once again going into professional mode.

Soobin saluted his higher official who was looking straight into his face with no emotions whatsoever.

He then started giving out a casual introduction to the now-appointed officer.

" I would like it if you start your duty from tomorrow onwards. Your assigned cabin is on the first floor to the right. You will be designated to a certain team under a higher bureaucrat as their subordinate. For now, all you have to do is to report on time and assist our men with pending cases. I hope all the instructions are clear. "

He voiced out everything in a monotonous tone.

" Yes sir," the younger one said after getting a nod from him he took his leave for the day.

~~

It was half an hour past 2 pm when someone knocked on his office door.

When the other person got to hear the ice cold "come in" he stepped into the office taking their seat on the couch.

He waited for the male to turn his attention to him but he could only sigh because the other one didn't even seem to show any interest in his presence.

" It's way past lunchtime, so please put your file aside and come eat lunch with me. I ordered us crab meat fried rice.  "

" You go ahead I'll join you later," he told without evening lifting his eye from the pile of papers he has been going through.

" Taeyong! You can do this later and it will hardly take 20 mins to eat. So come with me "

" Ten I'm busy right now you go ahead I'll be there before you even notice "

" I have heard the same thing for 10 years now, aren't you tired of saying the same line over and over again? " he asked while sighing at the other's behavior.

" Ahh! Stop nagging me. Let's go I'm coming with you. "

He grinned at his successful attempt o and then they both went off to eat their lunch.

It was now a normal routine for them to skip meals or have them at questionable times.

Ten tried to maintain a proper diet while Taeyong always neglected food and chooses work over anything and everything.

~~

After a long tiring day, they headed back to their flat.

Ten and taeyong were flatmates and also childhood friends.

They both basically grew up together.

Their parents were also good friends and also happen to be neighbors for a few years.

Ten knew Taeyong in and out, even if he doesn't say anything Ten manages to understand what is going on in his mind.

They both ate some instant ramen and went to bed to prepare themselves for a new day full of mysteries, cases, crimes, victims, and criminals.

That wasn't anything surprising to them because that's what they do.

Because that is what their job

By:normal__nctzen;)