𝐀𝐈𝐍'𝐓 𝐍𝐎 𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐕𝐄..

llxcifers / izabela presents
AIN'T NO GRAVE

📻

.-- .. -. -. .. .
-.. ---
..-
-.-. --- .--. -.--

..- .-.
... .. ... - . .-.
.. ...
-..-.
-- .

though they go mad,
they shall be sane,
though they sink through the sea,
they shall rise again;
though lovers be lost,
love shall not;
and death shall have
no dominion.
— dylan thomas ..

.--. .-.. ...
-... .
.- .-.. .. ...- .

JOURNAL ENTRY — I

JOURNAL ENTRY — I

          BY GENETIC COMPARISON, humans share nearly fifty percent of their DNA with fungi. To some extent, we were our own downfall.

A gigantic irony was at play when the Cordyceps fungi mutated into a new species that, instead of adhering to its genus' entomopathogenic characteristic, began infecting humans.

It wasn't supposed to happen. It shouldn't have happened really. But it did nonetheless.

Within days, the carnage of the first victims of the Cordyceps Brain Infection silenced civilization into the terrors of a dark age: the radio went out first, then the telecommunications, the electricity was next and finally, the internet had been made inaccessible.

World leaders went radio silent and in a world-wide panic. Borders initially became non-existent, demolishing any national governance, military coalition or even democracy from their very foundation built on communication.

It was every man for themselves in a horrid and unfair run for survival.

Some called it a long-overdue fate. Some scorned conspiracies and threw blame at non-existent scapegoats. As a scientist however, I am bound to call it for what it truly was: a massacre.

And it only got worse.

Within months, it had been approximated that the CBI reduced the world population by 60%.

Whoever didn't turn or die to the virus, was killed in the natural selection powered by hunger and greed amongst a starved population drained of its last strands of humanity. Cruel as it may be, at least a half of the casualties were made in the last large military exercise, nothing but a futile attempt to secure quarantine zones by bombing all surrounding areas.