004 | 𝙊𝙉 𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙍𝙊𝘼𝘿 𝘼𝙂𝘼𝙄𝙉..

.-- .... . -.
.- .-. .
..-
-.-. --- -- .. -. --.
.... --- -- .

📻 — CHAPTER FOUR

📻 — CHAPTER FOUR ..
' on the road again '

JOURNAL ENTRY

          Toxin Ver. C23.4
          Test Subject:    Stage 2 Infected
          Location:    Halbur, Carroll, Iowa
          Time:    aprox. 70s
          Dosage:   3mL (increased adenosine by 0,1)

          Process:    Clean-up procedures for temporary base town winded up awakening the infected in the area. The test subject was singled out. The injection was administrated intramuscularly, upper left arm. Initial reaction of the test subject was a sense of locomotor imbalance whilst involuntary violent instinct proceeded to control. Ten seconds after administration, the toxin started burning the Cordycepin and the test subject started exhibiting physical self-preservation tendency (grappling place of the injection, hitting overgrown fungi formations on head, scratching the neck area etc.). The adenosine was insufficient and tissue begun suffering visible third degree burns within twenty seconds from administration. The test subject entered the previously documented seizure phase within twenty-five seconds from administration. Body spasms culminate with foamed coughs. Within forty seconds from administration, eyes begin to bleed; visible fruiting body of the Cordyceps begins to decay; breathing instinct is terminated and the brain itself starts being sanitized. 

          Notes:    I can feel how close we are to a cure. If I could only have the proper lab facilities... I could replicate what's happening in my own body easier. 

After the tornado incident, down in the sewers with Joel, I had an open wound exposed to Cordyceps spores. The whole area was contaminated and my wound came in direct contact with it. 

Didn't tell Pete about this, as he still refuses I test the limits of my immunity for the sake of this research, but I should have been long gone by now if my immunity wasn't the real deal. 

My leg is healing. I had a mild fever when we left Halbur, but one hour into the drive and I already felt better. It's painful... knowing the solution is in me, but I don't have the right means to replicate it yet. We are making progress, but it feels too slow. 

I took a blood sample before we left and I will compare it with a blood sample taken on arrival. It's surreal. Next time I am writing here, I will be across an ocean.

📻

          IF YOU STRAYED FROM BIG CITIES and crammed mapped roads, America still looked almost normal from time to time. They didn't bomb the fields, back when they approved that approach; where there was once scarce life to begin with, there would later be few infected wondering about aimlessly.