Entry #5 - January 5, 2023

Dear Diary, 

I couldn't sleep.

It's been a tough day, I prepared as much as I can, I tabulated everything I have, and from my calculations, I should be able to survive for 6-8 months from my rations alone...

This is so fucked up, my heart is beating like crazy (and not in a good kind). I heard the air sirens today, and let me tell you, the announcement for quarantine is not a fucking joke. A lot of people are rioting since they weren't able to get out of the city just in time to go home. For me, I am staying here. That congregation of people is a cesspit of disaster.

Great time to start a diary, right at the start of another pandemic. I hope in the future, when I read this diary, I can just laugh and tell myself. Those were the days... For now, I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight. I'll continue canning and hope to Christ everything will be alright.

Ps. Maybe I should write down my hourly notes and what I have done for the day. That way I could track myself and make myself more efficient.

Update: I just heard gunshots! I know I'm prepared for this and all but this is still nerve-wracking. I'm scared for my life, but I'll have to pull myself together. Remember don't be a hero, heroes always die in the end.

Myle