Chapter 8

Loki is getting worried. Peter hadn't returned from work last night, and it is already four in the evening. He paws at the ledge, Peter's sleeping bag sprawled out underneath him. The Midguardian hadn't returned to the camp last night, it remains exactly as it was before in the morning.

Loki glares. It is taxing to use magic in this form. This cursed state that Odin inflicted upon him. He could just pretend the boy never existed... the cat hisses quietly. He can't do that and he knows it.

He hates himself for being attached to the kid, but he was too sweet, too innocent, and at a very bad place in life at the moment.

The boy had taken him on, hardly as a pet. He'd spoken to him like one intelligent being to another, something he'd hadn't found easily in the past year.

Loki sighs. The easiest way to find him would be to check places the boy normally went to, his old apartment, his school... that horrible women's grave. The person who had left this boy behind. To fend for himself. To grieve.

Midgardians and their life spans, Loki thinks, they are weak... except for the Spiderling. Loki has come to think of himself as a replacement guardian for the boy. Peter was a nephew to him.

Which is why he needs to find the boy and save him from whatever peril he was bound to be in. Loki purrs, deep in his throat. He teleports to a nearby ally.

When he was cursed, some of Loki's powers were revoked and replaced with others. He could no longer create illusions, or masquerade as someone else, but he could teleport and temporarily control a persons mind.

For five or ten seconds. But it was enough to make something count.

The teleporting has weakened Loki, and he starts his long journey to Peter's old apartment. The god is careful to avoid trouble, he wouldn't be able to handle it in his present state.

He arrives at the apartment later in the afternoon. Another person has already moved in, though there is an unpacked box visible from the wind.

Loki is winded, panting quietly. The window is closed, but he still can sense that Peter hasn't been here. Loki frowns, breathing heavily, tail swishing weakly.

He can't continue like this. He needs to sleep, to take a break. His form tends to lead him to oversleep, so he looks for a place that would wake him early in the morning. He decides on the roof of the building, climbing up the fire escape.

Once he reaches the top he collapses on a sweatshirt, eyes closing, cursing his curse.

________________________________________________________________________________

So... Hi. Sorry I didn't write for a week. and that I didn't really fulfil that promise. But I'm back now.

Just a question, how many of you actually read this blurb at the end. I dare you to comment if you do. Or vote. Hahahaha.

Here is a short chapter from Loki's perspective, I hope it will be enjoyed. Have a good rest of your day- or night, I suppose.

Thank you!!!