Chapter 34

The ominous figure's face suddenly brightens, "AH!" he beams. "I SEE THERE ARE PEOPLE HOME. WHERE IS TONY-- AND I WOULDN'T MIND SPEAKING WITH THE SON OF COUL."

Peter, MJ, and Ned all blanche at the same time. The figure somehow turned from the-- easily-could-rip-your-head-off-and smile- hulk of a man to a huge smiley, guy who couldn't hurt a fly. It also seems he only has one volume. "SON OF COUL!" he yells in a sing song voice, cupping his hand to his mouth. "I HAVE A NEW PLAN--" he stops abruptly. Fish has leaped at him, landing on a fold in his leather armor and launching himself onto his head.

Thor grabs the kitten by the scruff of the neck, as mother cats do. MJ quakes next to Peter, and he can hardly tell why. Thor wasn't going to harm the thing. Holding the cat an arms length away, he examined it closer.

"BAH!" He yells. "LOKI! YOU THINK YOU CAN FOOL ME? WE'VE BEEN PLAYING THIS GAME SINCE WE WERE CHILDREN." He practically flings the cat away from himself, and before Peter can rush to him to see if he's okay, Thor stops him with a muscled arm.

"NO. HE WILL CHANGE BACK WHEN HE IS READY. HIS KNIFE WILL NOT REACH US FROM HERE."

Peter is quite confused, but when he looks back at his friends, MJ  motions for him to come closer.

"I just found out--" she whispers, holding out her phone. "I knew that symbol looked familiar-- it spells out Loki in asgaurdain. You've had the God of Mischief tricking you the whole time-- how long have you had him?"

"A few months,"  Peter whispers back, clutching the phone, staring at the symbol on the screen. "But Fish wouldn't do that, he wouldn't con me-- and con me into what?"

Ned is leaning toward Thor, trying to get the hero to pay attention to them. Fish is getting up from the floor, and Thor inches closer to the kitten.

"How could you do this to me brother..." the god did have a quieter tone. "After mother died we could've cleared your name-- why are you in hiding on midgaurd?" The cat mews angrily, but Thor doesn't respond. "Answer me! Untransform! LOKI!"

Back to top volume. Peter doesn't know what to do. He can't believe what is happening. His cherished pet was actually a person? And not just any person, an alien who had tried to take over the world?

MJ clears her throat, and when Thor doesn't stop bombarding fish, she does again. "Maybe he can't."

Thor stops yelling at the poor creature and turns to face MJ. "Maybe he can't... what. Finish, midgaurdian. Do they not teach you full sentences in the learning hall?"

"Maybe he can't transform back..." Peter helps his friend out.

Thor turns to the cat. "IS THAT TRUE, BROTHER?" the god bellows. The cat looks up again, and nods his little streaked head. "WE CAN CLEAR YOUR NAME! FATHER WILL LET YOU HOME! HOW DO YOU FIX THIS?" Thor is back in ominous angry mode.

Fish-- or Loki, Peter guesses, shakes his head. Thor continues to bombard the poor thing with questions, and Peter begins to wonder where everyone else was. Pietro would normally come running at any sign of a fight. Probably out for shawarma or something, celebrating their victory over the relentless ever rising army of dirt and grime.

What was he going to tell Mr. Stark?

Okay, my computer has been weird all week, so that's why this was so short. Hopefully I can fix it and figure out my next part soon!

I love you guys!