Chapter 12

It turns out, training wouldn't start until Wednesday, when Clint Barton, Hawkeye, got back. Peter had been disappointed when Steve told him, especially when he wouldn't say where where Clint was. His mood had lightened when Wanda and Pietro had come by with some posters they'd found of Star Wars characters, and even more so when Mr. Stark knocked on his door.

Now Peter lays back on his bed, looking at his old phone. 20 unanswered calls.  569 texts unopened. Most of them from Ned, but a surprising number from MJ. Several texts from other people from school, but only one or two.

He opens the text chain from Ned.

Hey Peter, are you good? You never miss school.

Pete?

Hello?

Are you mad at me?

Why?

Hey Peter its been a few days, I tried to go to your apartment but I guy said you don't live there anymore. Where are you?

Me and MJ are really worried.

PETER

PEETEEERRRRR

The messages continued like this, the most recent one from nine in the morning.

Hey Pete, everyone at school basically thinks you were abducted by aliens. Or the FBI. Or both.

But me and MJ aren't giving up on you!

I hope we'll see you soon.

Peter rolls over onto his side, opening the text chain from MJ.

Peter how's it going?

Are you dying?

Or possibly kidnapped, I heard there is a new serial killer. Creepy guy. Egh.

Hey Peter. You actually seemed worth being friends with, so don't be dead, okay?

Ned's great but all he wants to talk about is Star Wars.

Come back soon, Okay?

He starts scrolling to the bottom, trying to see when the most recent message was from, but he stops when capital letters catch his eye.

PETER I THINK YOU WERE TAKEN BY THE FRICKN FBI TO BE TRAINED AS THEIR YOUNGEST AGENT BECAUSE YOUR FRICKN BRILLIANT

OR THE CIA.

OR THE AVENGERS.

 He laughs to himself because of how close to the truth it is. Then a notification bar appears at the top of the screen. New message from MJ.

Hey Peter... if this is even you... I just wanted to tell you that we miss you, and if you are mad at us for some reason, we're really sorry. Please come back.

Peter moves his finger to the key pad, but stops himself from typing anything. Instead he turns off the phone and rolls onto his back. He's still not used to his new bed, although it feels more familiar then it had with his old blankets on it.

He turns on the new Stark Phone and puts on the new screen protector Mr. Stark had given him. He takes a few minutes to set it up, then personalizes it, adding a Star Wars home screen and downloading a few games. He signs into all his accounts on the browser, and then sets it down on the wireless charger Mr. Stark had plugged in and set on his new nightstand.

"Hey Friday?" He mutters, "Would it be possible for you to put the Avenger's numbers into my phone?"

"I would have to ask them Peter," The woman's cheerful voice startles him in the dark quiet room. "Give me a moment."