Chapter 05 (Edited)

Chapter Five - The Return of the Prince

.

Severus woke up early. As was his custom, he spent the morning exercising.

After getting ready a letter caught his attention, it was on his desk and he assumed that one of the house elves had left him that correspondence. After all, he was in the dungeons and the owls usually left the mail in the Great Hall at breakfast time.

He was amazed to see the return address: Department of Property - Ministry of Magic.

After tearing open the envelope, he avidly read the message.

"I have finally reclaimed the home that once saw my mother grow up."

Indeed, the ministry was informing him that the paperwork had been completed. He could now dispose of Prince Manor. He put the letter in his robes and made a mental note to go and examine his new home.

He arrived at his common room thinking about the possible arrangements he would have to make, but considering his funds it would not be a problem. His mother's family could match the Malfoy's in their better days and although they had passed they still had a large fortune in the deeps of Gringotts.

Many of his classmates were already up and heading for the Great Dining Hall.

He decided to act as prefect, making sure that there were no inconveniences. Just during that tour, something caught his attention. A group of three girls from his house were looking at him and whispering, it seemed that two of them were trying to convince the third one of something. However, that was none of his business and if there was one thing he was sure of, it was that he should not ask unnecessary questions.

- "Severus."

- "Good morning, Malfoy, enjoying your last period within these walls?"

- "Ah, my friend, you can't imagine how eager I am to graduate" - Said the blond with some enthusiasm. - "I have great challenges to face in a short time."

- "And I bet one of them includes Cissy."

- "Marriage is a challenge" - Agreed Malfoy.

- "A condemnation in my opinion" - Emphasized Severus.

- "Maybe you should be condemned with Jones? What? She's a very beautiful girl."

- "I have no interest in a formal relationship" - Said the black-haired man firmly. - "I appreciate the good company, but it's just... momentary."

- "Keep indulging in those 'nocturnal pleasures' casually and you'll end up being tied down by some random interested party" - Malfoy snorted, - "Do you know how many times they've wanted to seduce me and take me to bed? Even though everyone knows about my engagement with Narcissa."

- "I understand your situation, but it's not the same, because to be honest, I couldn't fall into a game like that."

- "Why not?" - Questioned Malfoy with a frown.

- "Because unlike you, Malfoy, I am quite capable of brewing highly effective contraceptive potions."

Lucius' mouth remained half open and his eyes fixed on the expression of the black-haired man who smiled slightly before speaking again.

- "The answer is NO Malfoy" - Said Snape. - "We are in school and I am a prefect."

- "Oh, come on Severus" - Asked Lucius. - "It's my last year, and I want to do something worth remembering."

- "I understand you're going to marry Cissy as soon as you graduate. Why do you want the AC potion, even if you get her pregnant, you'll be a wizard and witch before you know it."