𝘟𝘟𝘐

My eyes flutter open as I look around at my surroundings. I rub my eyes before my mind fills with the memories of the previous night. I turn to look at Xavier, only to find the bed empty.

"Looks like you finally woke up," Xavier says, standing at the foot of the bed. I smile, getting up as well. I wrap the blanket around my exposed body, blush on my cheeks.

"What time is it?" I stand in front of him, resting my head against his chest.

"Uh, 7:30" My eyes widen as I gasp.

"Shit Yokos gonna be awake" I grab the clothes Xavier let me borrow the night before, putting them on quickly. "Sorry for leaving so early, how about we hang out later?"

Xavier nods, kissing me gently before I open his door waving goodbye.

I walk through the halls, making sure I wasn't seen by any teachers or other students who would gossip about it. I head to Ophelia Hall, inching closer to my dorm. As I turn the corner, Divina stops in front of me.

"Oh, sorry" She smiles, holding her dress in her hands, wearing a red outfit. My eyes widen at the realization. It was Yoko's clothes.

"It's fine, see you later!" I open my door being greeted by Yoko hurriedly cleaning up the dorm. I smirk, clearing my throat in order to catch her attention.

"Well, seems like you had a fun night" I laugh, sitting down on my bed as Yoko does the same with a sigh.

"Oh please, don't act like you weren't with Xavier" I gape at the girl, shocked.

"How the hell did you know?"

"I didn't but now I do" She smirks, turning her full attention to me. "So, tell me everything"

"Only if you tell me one thing, Divina just stay the night or?" Yoko blushes softly, burying her head in my pillow in embarrassment.

"Oh my god, it's about damn time!" I smile, hitting her playfully.

"Yeah, now what about you and Xavier?"

"Well, he apologized to me after the dance and we went back to his dorm and..."

"And what? Don't tell me you guys, you know" Yoko watches me intently, my every expression.

"Not all the way but we did do...stuff"

"OH MY GOD" Yoko excitedly gets up and grabs her phone. "Divina and Enid owe me five dollars each!"

"You guys were betting on this?" I laugh, watching Yoko's excited demeanor.

"Of course we were" She smiles, heading to the bathroom. "Get dressed we have parents' weekend!"

My stomach turns in both excitement and anxiousness.

My parents were coming.

。゚•┈୨♡୧┈• 。゚

Wednesday, Enid, and I all stood together as we listened to Principal Weems' speech as both students and parents gathered.

"I realize most of you have heard about the unfortunate incident involving one of our students. But I'm happy to report that Eugene is on the mend and is expected to make a full recovery. So let's focus on the positive and make this Parents' Weekend our very best yet."

"On the mend?" Wednesday scoffs, turning her attention to both Enid and I. "Try in a coma?"

"Have you been to visit him?" Enid asks, Wednesday staying silent. "You're his friend"

"I'm the reason he's in the hospital"

"It wasn't your fault Hermanita"

"Yeah, and the monster hasn't attacked anyone in the past week. Maybe you finally scared it off"

"Or maybe it went into hiding to avoid this weekend" I laugh at Wednesday's annoyance, watching the many other families around us. My eyes stop as I watch our family walk into the quad.

"I knew I should've worn my plague mask" Wednesday's attention was now on our parents and Pugsley as well. Enid scoffs, bringing our attention in the opposite direction.

"Would you look at my family?" We watch Enid's brothers all howling at a table along with her parents standing beside them. "Talk about toxic pack mentality. I give my mom thirty seconds before her judgy claws come out" Enid lets out a deep breath once more, calming her frustration down.

"Let's get this over with" We all nod, walking in the opposite direction of each other. Wednesday and I stood with our parents. I instantly bring Pugsley in for a hug.

"There they are" I let go of Pugsley and turn my attention to Mother and Father who stood with wide smiles.

"How are you my little rain cloud?" Father turns his full attention over to Wednesday who stood awkwardly. Mother followed suit, watching for any emotion on Wednesday's face.

"I thought Thing was filling you in on my every move." Both of their faces turn to ones of surprise. "I uncovered your feeble subterfuge almost immediately."

"So, how's the little fella doing? Does he still have all his fingers?" Father asks.

"Relax. I haven't snapped any of his digits. Yet."

"So, tell us everything"

Since you've abandoned me here, I've been hunted, haunted... and the target of an attempted murder.

Father places his hand over his chest in a sense of pride. "Ah, Nevermore I love you so" They all walk off, leaving Pugsley and I behind.

"I've been doing great too, thanks for asking" I sigh, my voice trailing off. I turn to Pugsley, wrapping my arm around his shoulder. "How 'bout I show you around?"

。゚•┈୨♡୧┈• 。゚

"Alright, you think they're done yet?" I ask Pugsley as we stood in front of Principal Weems' closed office doors. Pugsley shrugs looking at the many items on the shelves nearby.

"Hey, Dahlia" I turn to look at Xavier who had a smile on his face. He comes closer and I soon realize he was going to kiss me. In front of Pugsley.

"Wait, Xavier..." He cuts me off, cupping my cheeks as he pulls me in for a gentle, soft kiss.

"Who's this?" My eyes widen at Puglseys voice. He now stood beside me instead of being covered, out of Xavier's eyeshot. Xavier quickly pulls away, standing in awkward silence.

"Pugsley this is Xavier, my...boyfriend" I smile, turning to stand beside Xavier and in front of Pugsley as I grabbed a hold of Xavier's hand.

"Boyfriend?" His face was shocked as Xavier just stood awkwardly. I nod, resting my head on Xavier's shoulder.

"Uh, this is your brother?" Xavier asks, breaking the tension.

"Yeah, this is Pugsley" Xavier nods, looking anywhere but at Pugsley who was currently staring him down.

"Dahlia" I turn to the creaking door that opens to reveal Wednesday accompanied by our parents. I quickly let go of Xavier's hand and backed away, not wanting to talk about this with anyone else in the family. "We have to take the family to therapy according to Principal Weems"

I nod nervously at the thought. "Uh, okay, sure." I turn to Xavier with a small smile. "I'll talk to you later?"

Xavier nods as he walks toward his dorm.

I laugh softly as I speak once more with a slight sing-song tone. "So, who's ready for the most awkward therapy session?"

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

word count: 1156

I hope you enjoy this chapter! I honestly don't know if these chapters are getting worse but I'll continue writing and just see how it goes💀. Also, I just really want to say THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 1K READS!!! I am so happy and grateful for this and can't thank my readers enough. Please vote and comment, it means so much to me. Thank you!