i. breathtaking - neteyam

As usual, you and Neteyam were strolling around the forest, exploring

As usual, you and Neteyam were strolling around the forest, exploring. It was getting late, almost eclipse time, but the two of you were unconcerned. You were too preoccupied with each other to notice that the sky was beginning to darken.

"I can't believe you're going to be my t'sahik one day," he said, wiping away a fake tear.

"Bad taste on my end, if i do say so myself," you teased and he rolled his eyes.

"Shut up!" He laughed, frowning when you dodged his kiss.

"Woah chill you're my best friend," you exclaimed, his eyes widening at your words and his mouth dropping at your antics, making you laugh even harder.

"I'm kidding! I love you," you said with a smile, planting a soft kiss on his cheeks.

"I love you too, y/n," he beamed, his cheeks flushed with light hues of pink.

"I like how after all this time, you still blush at the smallest things," you admit.

"How could i not? when i have you as my mate," he said, caressing your cheek with his fingers as heat rose towards your face at his words. now you were the one blushing.

"Ah, it seems the tables have turned, my love." He teased, noticing the blush that crept onto your cheeks.

"Shush" you murmured, causing him to chuckle at your words.

The loud screech of the direhorse snapped the two of you out of your little world, and back to your surroundings, you looked around to find out that night had fallen across the sky. It was now eclipse, which was your curfew. Which meant your parents were going to skin the both of you.

"Our parents are going to skin us!" You exclaimed, panic filling your voice.

"They can wait," he said without hesitation.

You felt your jaw slightly drop at his words.

"Is this the Neteyam sully I know and love? or has something possessed him?" you joked, tilting your head to the side and gently slapping his left arm.

"Very funny Y/n, " he says and playfully rolls his eyes at your words.

You let out a sigh as you took in your glowing surroundings before wrapping your arms around Neteyam, taking in his warmth, and burying your face into the crook of his neck. "eclipse is always so breathtaking, isn't it?"

"You're breathtaking," he whispered, and you looked up at him.

"You know you mean so much to me right?" he began and you nodded, "you're my everything, teyam," a smile forming on your face and your heart beating at a rapid pace, thumping loud and uncontrollably, that even your ears twitch at the sounds of your heartbeat.

Without hesitation you crave your neck up, connecting your lips to his and he melts right against you. Surrendering everything to you.

Hiseyes flutter shut and his arms wrap around your waist tighter, so that there's no space left between the two of you.

You place your hands around his neck, tilting your head to one side, and deepen the kiss in the process.

Your wandering hands move to his hair, stroking it ever so gently and carefully that he swears he falls in love with you all over again.

The two of you smile into the kiss, before bursting into a fit of giggles and laughter. His forehead pressed against yours, both your eyes still closed, and the two of you breathing heavily.

Everything in that moment was perfect.