iii. breezy evening - neteyam

It was a breezy evening by the ocean

It was a breezy evening by the ocean. Which made your day so much more horrible. You shivered as you sat by the docks, fiddling with your fingers. You knew you should have just gone to your family pod to stay warm, but you couldn't bring yourself to do it. not after the fight you had with your mom earlier that day.

So there you sat, waiting, pondering, fiddling, and deciding. until a warm palm gently touched your right shoulder, causing you jump away in shock at the new sudden pressence on your shoulder and nearly fall into the water.

"Skxawng!" you hissed, turning around to face the person who had distrubed you and had nearly caused you to fall into the glowing body of water.

Your annoyance was short-lived, however, as you were met with a boy looming over you with an all-too-familiar smile.

"Hello to you too my love." he spoke, bending down to place a kiss to your forehead before moving to sit down next you.

"Hi." you giggled.

"I'm sorry for startling you, i didn't mean too." he apologized.

"It's alright." you sighed, taking his hand and placing it into yours. The coldness of your hand caused neteyam to slightly jump. You expected him to remove his hand, but he didn't. Instead, he shuffled his body closer to you and wrapped his arm around your shoulder before engulfing you in a warm embrace. You sighed and leaned against his shoulder, mumbling a quick thank you. He always knew how to help and make things better.

"Why don't I walk you to your marui pod?" neteyam offered, knowing that it would warmer there.

"No. I can't-" you began, moving your head off his shoulder to look at him with your pleading eyes.

"But y/n, it's warmer there." he reasoned, only wanting the best for you.

"I know." you agreed, "but, I got into a fight with my mom earlier. I don't really want to talk to her right now." You admitted, your head turning back down to gaze at the sea as the fish swarmed and moved around your feet.

Neteyam sighed in response to your words. "well there's only soultion then. You can stay with me tonight at our pod.  I'm sure my parents won't mind."

You silently nodded as your eyes shifted back to him and the corner of your lips started to break into a smile. "I'd like that."