ii. the chase - lo'ak

"catch me if you can

"catch me if you can." lo'ak says, before scurrying away from you.

"get back here, skxawng!" you yell, laughing as you run after your mate.

the leaves crackle against your feet as you chase after him, weaving in and out of the bracken, passing by several creatures, plants, and other life forms. your heart is racing and it feels like it might just fall right out of your chest.

he's fast, damn it.

his childlike laughter echoes through the trees and you quicken your pace, gaining sight of the boy again.

lo'ak glances back to look at you and he smiles at how you appear. the wind is in your hair and your face is filled with laughter and joy.

"so pretty," he whispers to himself.

and while he was preoccupied with admiring your beauty, you slam into him, knocking him to the ground.

the commotion scatters a flurry of leaves over you. you straddle him, hands on his chest, the two of you breathless as he rolls over, squirming underneath you, shrieking with laughter.

"I win, lo'ak!" you proclaim, grabbing his wrists and pinning him to the forest floor.

"never!" lo'ak yells, futilely wriggling in an attempt to escape.

"there's no escape, dumbass!" you laugh, squeezing his sides with your thighs. his laughter fades out as he's overcome with awe, eyes so soft as they reflect the forrest light, as they gaze up at you with love and adoration.

he giggles, his eyes never leaving yours, "maybe if you hadn't distracted me with your beauty, i'd have gotten away and won."

you feel the heat rise to your cheeks at the proximity and a light hue of purple starts to show. lo'ak notices right away and the corners of his lips turn into a sly smirk.

"then that's on you actually," you whisper, your lips now dangerously close to his.

you run both hands through his hair, giggling as you pluck the leaves and twigs from his braids.

he props himself up, his eyes flicking down to your sweet lips and then he's kissing you, hard. his lips are so smooth that they melt right against yours, the two of you moving in sync. his hand caresses the side of your thigh, fingers soft as they dig into the plush of your skin. after a short while you break your mouth from his.

"don't do that again please, it was quite tiring chasing you," you whisper against his mouth pleadingly, as your hands cupped his flushed cheeks.

he chuckles at your request.

"promise," he says, although you both know it isn't true and this is most likely to occur again.

nonetheless, you have your desired response. so you lean in closer, your lips tracing his jaw, down the column of his throat; every soft noise he makes pulses through you as if it were your own.

"right here?" he groans, his gaze fixed on yours.

"if it's alright with you," you ask and he nods in approval.