ch 2 (polyphemus route)

You gazed longingly at Odysseus. "I.. I am truly sorry, Odysseus. I am afraid... that I will not be returning to Ithaca with you," you said, voice wavering. You saw Odysseus' expression turn from one of anger to sorrowful.

"(Y/N).. my dearest friend, and my most trusted comrade..." he trailed off, sucking in a breath. "I truly thought you to be different." He masked his sadness, face only displaying neutrality. "I wish you the best, living here with this.. monster that you call your love," he spat.

You winced, watching the man you had chased after for so long go and leave you behind without putting up much of a fight. You heard the giant Cyclops behind you clear his throat, and you whirled around to face him.

"My dear, it will all be fine. After all, now you will at least have Poseidon on your side." he smirked. "My father will surely love you."

You stare down at the ground, face flushed from embarrassment. "Y-yes.. surely..." you trailed off, yawning. Polyphemus chuckled.

"You pitiful humans, growing fatigued so easily. Here, you may sleep on a bed of sheared ewe's wool tonight, for it is a most comfortable material." he gently patted the giant bed of fluff, which called to your exhausted self like light did to a moth.

"Thank you.. Polyphemus..." you muttered, letting yourself fall onto the bed, sleep taking you immediately.

Polyphemus sighed contently as he watched you slumbered, peaceful.

"My sweet (Y/N).. I'm sure that my father will have no qualms about making you immortal," he spoke aloud to himself.

"After all," he grinned somberly, "I can't go losing you."