ch 3 (odysseus route - ext. ending)

It had been years since your encounter with the unconscious sight of Odysseus on the shore of Phaecia. You knew he had gone home to Ithaca, and probably carried out the last few years straightening things out in the kingdom.

You had grown accustomed to loneliness after losing your comrades and one truest friend. Your nightmares were still plagued with the sights of Scylla devouring your comrades one by one, and the ghost of Elpenor appearing unexpectedly in the Land of the Dead.

There were some nights where you wished that you could have taken his place.

You were revered in Phaecia as a once-great soldier, who persevered through many trials and tribulations for the sake of your home country, which you never returned to. You could live out the rest of your life how you had figured it would go as soon as Odysseus had fallen for Penelope. You would end up alone, without a love of your own.

So, you found yourself thoroughly surprised when Odysseus showed up at your home, two Ithacan soldiers by his side.

"(Y/N). Your time here is up," he commanded. You squinted your tired eyes at him, dark circles under them from the nights you lost countless hours of rest.

"I haven't the faintest idea what you're talking about. Now, if you could please remove yourself from my property, that would be splendid," you spat, trying to slam the door in his face.

Odysseus wedged his foot in between the door and the doorway, wincing from the pain. You gasped, swinging the door back open.

"What is wrong with you, you imbecile?! Had you lost your sense after being stranded with Calypso for so long?!" you shouted, not caring if your words hurt him. He grimaced.

"This is not your property anymore, as you are not a citizen of Phaecia," he said simply, as you stared at him in disbelief.

"I'm not going back to Ithaca. Not even for you, Odysseus." With that, you attempted to shut the door again, only for Odysseus' two soldiers to intervene.

"I am afraid not. You are coming back with me, as we are to be wed quite promptly after your arrival." He cleared his throat. You gasped.

"Wh-what are you even going on about?!" you exclaimed. Odysseus pulled you into a hug, holding you close to him.

"I.. broke things off with Penelope shortly after I returned. When you were banished by Calypso... well, those seven years I spent with her made me realize just how important you are to me." You couldn't believe your ears. Was he absolutely insane?!

"Odysseus... I..." you trailed off, face growing hot. He shushed you, speaking again.

"I should have realized your feelings for me sooner. I am sorry. But know that I truly, truly love you back," he muttered, pressing a kiss atop your head. You swallowed hard, before looking him in the eyes.

"I will come back to Ithaca with you," you whispered, and he smiled.

The trip from Phaecia to Ithaca didn't take you long, and as soon as you returned to the castle in which Odysseus lived, he picked you up and spun you around, both of you crying from joy.

As he put you down, he hugged you again, and said, "Welcome home."