Icarus (Bastille)

Icarus is flying too close to the sun

And Icarus' life, it has only just begun

This is how it feels to take a fall

Icarus is flying towards an early grave

Alejandro wakes up in the morning to a blaring alarm clock. He groans and hits it, to turn it off. It is his 4:30 am alarm clock. He needs to get up and start moving if he wants to be successful. At least, that is what his successful mother told him. Gym, move now. He needs to get up and go to the gym. It's the only time he had to work out. He forces himself from his warm comfortable bed. He finds a clean set of boxers, confirmed with the sniff test. He found clean gym shorts as well as a t-shirt to put on. He put his feet into his socks, then into his black and white Nike Blazers. Today was Leg Day, baby!

The Hispanic man moved from his bedroom to the kitchen to get his prework out ready. Two scoops of his Fruit Punch Buck Wild prework out with a scoop of creatinine. He grabbed his Beat Headphones and keys. He moved through his shared apartment quietly. He shared rent with three other lads he knew from grade school; the four of them had been through a lot together. There were all probably trauma bonded together, but it was whatever at this point. They had all grown up together and never strayed from each other. Alejandro knew that the three other men had his back; even if two wore masks to cover the scars on their face and the other one was 25% robot from a motorcycle accident.

Alejandro was a pre-med major with a minor in cellular biology, whatever that meant honestly. Even Alejandro didn't know what his own major and minor was, but his mother told him to take these classes and that is what he did. What your Hispanic mother tells you to do, you do. He wouldn't call himself a momma's boy, but he certainly valued his life and being in college away from them. He was part of a twin; his sister, Valeria was most definitely the favorite because of how smart and cunning she was. Her major was Quantum Physics. Like, who does that? What do you even study? Valeria just had to show off. Especially with a football scholarship. He had learned to shut his mouth, sit down, and do what he was told.

As much as he wanted to fight his current situation, a caged bird doesn't fly. His roommates made up for his rather crappy home life. He was thankful that he had found them so early in his life. He had no idea what he would do without them. There was a picture that was hung up in his bedroom of the four of them doing something silly; but it was the only picture he had were all four of them had the biggest smiles on their faces. They had just graduated high school together. They were onto the rest of their lives together.

They had made a promise—until the very end.

Alex Keller. He was the life of the party. He had such a positive outlook on life. He was a criminal law major. He had suffered a nasty motorcycle accident that resulted in his right leg needing to be amputated. He originally wanted to severe in the military and wanted to be so dangerous that his face needed to be blurred out. One of his prosthetics was completely sticker bombed by the boys. He said that one was his favorite because it had the most personality.

Simon Riley. Or, better known as Ghost. He was a little more reserved. He wore a facemask with a skull design on it. He was studying to be an Aerospace Engineer. Ghost was often found in his room reading a rather thick chapter book or drawing. Almost always he had music playing in his room; if he didn't, you should be concerned. Sometimes he would paint, but that was rare. He had to be in a certain mood for that one. He designed some of the stickers that they put on Alex's prosthetic. He also worked at the café up the street. He could make a mean cup of coffee.