Chapter Two: A Near Death Experience and a Tour

May 31st, 2021, a lovely week after we met; "Dear, I think I've fallen in love. Fallen in love with how your heart can acquire such a large heavy part of my flaws and make it feel like it could change so rapidly, like your favorite oak tree in your front lawn I avidly grew new leaves with the changing season, creatively, with colored pine cones and feverish twisted trunks. Spring, for me, has come. I hope you feel pride in the newly inspired season that sprouts from not just you. But me too."

My eyes squeezed shut and I began to shut down. I could feel the ground underneath me shake, like it could give out at any given moment and sink far into the dirt as I drowned with it. I shivered extensively in fear as I felt a quantities of blood trickle down my side, making me squirm slightly and silently beg. He sniffed me, breathed me in as I felt his large shoulders that hovered above me. He's so tall I ponder. I begin to cry, but I don't open my eyes. He stops pushing the knife into me as he begins to pet my hair, it seemed instinctively, affectionate. He threw the knife down and kissed and licked my neck on a fatigued spot, driving me into a dazed spell as I moved my neck marginally, his hands sent shivers through my whole body and I whimpered lightly when he began to sink his teeth into me. His hands rested on my hips. I realized what was happening, so I slowly pushed him away and cowered, wanting to run. I stared down at the ground. The tiles of the home had beautiful blue and white swirly designs underneath a thick layer of dust, he let go of me and I looked at his shoes, describing them in my head to calm myself down, brown... his shoe laces have black stripes, they're messy and un-kept, I compare them to my neat ones. I gaze up to his pants, a dark blue and strange stains cover almost every inch of his old and tattered looking jeans, the pattern of stains continues to his pure white sweatshirt, where obvious deep rooted blood stained it entirely. He's still, I can feel his intense gaze searching my eyes and examining my face.

Finally getting the courage to peek up to his eyes, I immediately stagger some steps back away from him, glancing up his face I examined it, wondering how this is humanly possible; pale as snow skin, with stitches that emerged from the end of his lips running all the way to the sides of his cheeks, dark and intense smokey eyes that surpassed logic itself, and black unruly hair that rested on his broad and strong shoulders. I looked back into his eyes after examining each stitch, I realized some time had passed and I was just quietly stationed while gazing at his features. I felt an urge to caress and feel his wounds instinctively, but I shook my head and took a breath. "Um, sorry, time seemed to stop, I'm the cleaner for this house," I'm dazed, almost drunk when I look at him. I couldn't face the fact that I was just almost done for. I nod and hold my hands together in front of me shyly, looking at the ground as silence overtakes us. I glance up once to see what he was doing, but he was already walking. "um, um wait"

I blurted this out, and put my hand over my soft lips immediately after it left my mouth. I peek, but a bit longer this time, to see his reaction. He smirks and runs his fingers through his hair, gracefully stalking towards me. I notice how heavy his steps are, oozing in confidence, and his arms and shoulders seemed almost drool-worthy. He bends down to reach my level, he's close as he flashes a longing smile at me. "The universe really fucking hates me. I was going to gut you and feed your clean, long organs to the ravens. But it seems fate, fuck fate... has other plans. That fucking bitch." He smiles at me again, this time more forced, and takes a lock of my hair and smells it slowly, watching my stunned yet strangely calm reaction to his touch. "You smell so fucking good." He closes his eyes. "I'll show you around the mansion." I quietly follow, and watch the muscles through his sweatshirt move as he starts to jog up the staircase. "Stop it, idiot" I say lightly, I then slap myself and try to keep up. I see him look back with a frown, making me self conscious above all else, so I keep my eyes trained on the fuzzy cozy deep red carpet that leads up the stair case, I watch as my feet sink into it. My hand glides across the golden, thick and rusting railing. "You have a beautiful home," I blurt, but continue to admire the beauty of grand paintings and fancy decor. This place draws me in, excitedly, like I could be here forever, living my days quietly. "It's pretty nice. My family fucks it up though. We're glad to have you here to clean it" he stutters this out, but seems to be slightly shaken by his words. I smile up at him from behind as we continue making our way up the stairs.

• • • | Thank you for reading, I hope this all has inspired you to keep reading! For me, it's hard to get interested in a book. My attention has to be grabbed hard, and I must feel like I'm transported to a whole different place. Please feel free to vote and critique! | • • •