շ. 𝔗𝔥𝔦𝔰 ℭ𝔞𝔰𝔱𝔩𝔢 ℌ𝔞𝔰 𝔖𝔢𝔠𝔯𝔢𝔱 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔞𝔤𝔢𝔰

He quickly takes Johnny and Janette away, leaving Markus completely suspicious. Dracula opens the door to his bedroom and Jonathan screams in horror while Janette tries to find something to protect her and her brother with.

"Please don't kill us! We are so young! I have so many places I want to see! I've got tickets to 6 Dave Matthews Band concerts! I'm getting out of here!" Johnny opens the cellar door and a monster roars, making him scream and forcing him to go back up.

"Shut up, already" He passes by Janette side without blinking as she points a broom that she found in the room at him "It's impossible for me to think with all your noise. Sorry, Glen! Go back to sleep!" He closes the cellar door and Glen roars down the bottom in reply.

"Wait" Johnny finally calms down a little.

"Aren't you going to suck our blood?" Janette asks, eyeing Dracula suspiciously.

"Classic human paranoia" He sights "Human blood is so fatty, and you never know where it's been"

"So, Dracula doesn't drink blood?"

"No, I use a blood substitute" He sits on a chair "Either Near Blood or Blood Beaters. You can't tell the difference"

"So, wow, you're, like, the real Count Dracula" Janette moves closer to him and so does Johnny.

"Like, I'm Dracula, bleh bleh bleh"

"I've never said that in my life" He seems irritated "bleh bleh bleh. I don't know where that comes from"

"Uh, can I just ask, what exactly is this place?"

"What is this place?" Janette and Johnny watch him as he goes to the window, opens it and speaks in a dramatic manner "It is a place I build for all those monsters out there lurking in the shadows, hiding from the persecution of humankind. A place for them and their families to come to and free themselves. A place void of torches, pitchforks and angry mobs! A place of peace, relaxation and tranquility"

"Cool" Johnny leaned forward, wide-eyed.

"So it's like a hotel for monsters?" Janette tilts her head.

"Yes, exactly" He groans "A hotel for monsters, way to sum it up. Okay, hop on my back, we're leaving" He transforms into a bat, getting close to them.

"That's so cool"

"Oh, man, you're a bat now. I always wanted to fly. What's it like? This is insane" He grabs Johnny by his shirt and lifts him "Wait, wait, I want to stay. Can Frankenstein sign my costume? Can I meet the Invisible Man? Hey, if I stuck my hand in the Invisible Man's mouth, would it disappear?"

Drac, in bat form, is carrying Jonathan and heads out the window, promising Janette he would be right back after he leaves Johnny and ordering her to remain in the room and hide if anyone were to enter.

Another bat suddenly appears, it's Markus.

"Hi!"

"Marky! Wh-What are you doing, my sweet little blood orange? Our friend was just leaving"

"Yeah, he was flying me out the window"

"This guy is so funny" Dracula laughs nervously, then takes Johnny back inside, turns into human and moves Jonathan and Janette away from the window "Oh, look there's something on their face" He gets close to both their faces in a menacing way "Play along if you ever want to see your precious backpack" Markus flies in through the window and turns back into his human form.

"Whoa. So, wait, you didn't have any clothes on when you were a bat? Or were they bat-sized?" Johnny asked, amazed. Janette looks at him questioning his choice of words.