Տ. ℌ𝔢 𝔗𝔯𝔦𝔢𝔡 𝔗𝔬 ℭ𝔬𝔬𝔨 𝔐𝔢, 𝔍𝔞𝔫𝔢𝔱𝔱𝔢!

"Where could he have taken him to?" Janette murmured under her breath as her eyes scan the hall.

"Hey, I've been wanting to ask you..."

Janette glanced at Markus' side for a moment, before nodding and continuing walking.

"What were you and Johnny doing at the cemetery outside the castle grounds?"

She stops and turns to look at him directly, eyes wide open and lips parted.

"Why?" She nervously laughs "We were just wondering around"

"Then why did Jonathan think I was my father?" He got closer "He seemed pretty scare by the idea"

"Well, you know Johnny" she answered "He sometimes messes around and then has to confront the consequences"

"What did he do?"

"Why do you want to know?"

"Because you were leaving without saying goodbye"  His voice was low enough to make Janette wonder if she had heard correctly.

"I wouldn't do that, though I must admit I'm not good with goodbyes, I prefer see you later"

Markus stopped and looked at her without saying a word for a moment, his eyes filled with emotions that took Janette breath away.

"Then don't say goodbye"

She felt her heart falter. "For now"

She walked past him and to the elevators, without looking back to see if Markus was following her.

Or never. He thought, before following her.

When they got to the lobby they managed to find Dracula, though he was alone.

"Why are you still up? The sun is out. It could kill you, my honey guts."

"I couldn't sleep." Markus tried to leave the part where the reason for his insomnia was the pretty girl at his side. His father didn't need to know that, neither did the girl.

"Do you know where Johnny went?" Janette looked around, as if her brother would appear trying to scare them as he had done when they were children.

"I don't know." He won't tell anything with Markus present, even if her brother was on the verge of being served dinner.

"Maybe we should continue looking for him somewhere else?" Markus turned to Janette.

"Where?" With her low voice and the watering of her eyes, something in Markus demanded him to move and hug the girl, regardless of the presence of his father beside him.

"Whoa!" Dracula moved closer "When did this happen?" He separated and grabbed Markus by his shoulders, speaking low to not be heard.

"Oh! Uh..." Markus' blush was enough to put Dracula near a heart stroke, though there was no way it would ever affect an undead.

"Do you like her?" He asked urgently.

"What?" Markus' voice calmed some octaves higher before he cleared his throat "Pfft! No! Come on, Dad. She's so weird and awkward. It's like, are you an idiot, or do you know you're adorable?" He stared lovingly behind him at the girl looking at them.

"Eh... Hold that." An armor got close and Dracula moved to his side, leaving both young adults together, not that he was thrilled about it. "Do you have a location on Quasimodo?"

"Yes, sir. They're heading through the lobby, towards the kitchen."

"I need them stopped immediately. Is that clear?"